Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush showing spinning blue circle constantly

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I´m having great difficulty with Premiere Rush!

For three days now I have not been able to open the program.

Every time I open it, it gets stuck with a blue circle going round for hours continuously.

I´ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling an older version, the same thing happens.

I´ve then updated to the latest version, it does the same.

The program now isn´t even crashing, it just won't open.

Im running Windows 10 with plenty of free disk space.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem, please???

OR recommend an alternative product which actually DOES work???

Very frustrating!

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Hi Chloe!

We're sorry for the frustrating experience. Could you try switching the graphics card to Standard VGA and then test the issue? You may follow this path: Open Device Manager > Select Display adapters > Right-click the GPU > Select Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Select Microsoft Display Adapter > Next > OK.

This is just a troubleshooting step.

If you like, you can try Premiere Pro as well for video ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Hello! Can you try the following:

1. Go to the Help menu in Rush to sign out
  2. Quit Rush
  3. Relaunch Rush, and sign in from there 

Let us know if that helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chloe!

We're sorry for the frustrating experience. Could you try switching the graphics card to Standard VGA and then test the issue? You may follow this path: Open Device Manager > Select Display adapters > Right-click the GPU > Select Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > Select Microsoft Display Adapter > Next > OK.

This is just a troubleshooting step.

If you like, you can try Premiere Pro as well for video editing. However, we'll happy to assist in solving Rush problem.

Let us know if the above step brings any change. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartika,

Thank you for your response, we are having similar issues, I don't mind trying different video drivers, except we also use Luminon, Revit and other heavy GPU programs, I don't believe the Microsoft Display Adapter is will work well with all of them, switching drivers every time we use different programs doesn't seem like an elegant solution, or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheri!

I understand your point. This is just a troubleshooting step that we're following to see if it's related to drivers. If it works, we can share the feedback with the product team so that they can add this to their notes. 

If you like, we can troubleshoot this further for you via phone and chat. You contact can us here: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy to help.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

I had a somewhat similar problem to Chloe and I am running Windows 10 (Version 2004). For me the Rush app would load ok and I could open a project which would then appear in the timeline but would not show in the viewing screen. The tools appeared to work (e.g. I could make a cut) but as soon as I hit the play button the app stopped responding and would have to be closed. (I did not have this problem with the previous version. of Rush). I followed the instructions about changing the display adapter driver that you provided in your post above and that has corrected the problem for me.

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working now! Happy to help. 🙂

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as this and have tried changing the drivers but still no good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Can you try the following:

1. Go to the Help menu in Rush to sign out
  2. Quit Rush
  3. Relaunch Rush, and sign in from there 

Let us know if that helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed to Microsoft basic display adaptor and the help sign out but it's still not working.  If I go down one revision its able to work.

any other way to keep up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Premiere Rush 9_29_2023 10_55_56 AM.png

 for some reason I started a project edited and I left and this popped up the next day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about the rest of you, but that worked for me. However, I shall keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wored for me! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the fix: through creative cloud, uninstall Rush.  Then from creative cloud, instead of clicking install, choose the three dots and select a previous version of the software. I chose the version immediately prior to the current version. I imagine some will have to install older versions.

Adobe: Admit it's your software and stop making us chase our tails here.  Suggesting to install the Microsoft Display Adapter was useless and made my high resolution monitor stop functioning. 

Frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use this fix, but unfortunately my version of creative cloud doesn't list any older versions, only the latest ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. 

I've tried all of these solutions and nothing is working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe we have the correct fix in place and hope to release it in the coming days. Please keep a lookout for an update in the Creative Cloud app. 

Let us know if you run into any issues after the update. 

All the best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing on my name iPad Pro almost a year later.

This app is garbage.. that's all 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run Rush, Premier pro, from my shortcut directory I get this. Other Adobe apps load.

papavichess_0-1624205941113.png

I have reinstalled the program a number of times. Does this help the Adobe folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem on Premiere Rush on my iPhone.

I worked long editing a project, then tried exporting the video several times, in different formats, and each time, after the progress bar almost got to 100%, it would give error message saying unable to export.

I then thought to close/quit Rush, then restart, and see if that helped, so I began that process by clicking the home icon (thinking that would put it through the proper saving of the project, but when I clicked the home icon, it got stuck on rotating circle screen.

I left that blue circle spinning for the last 8 hours, and still no better.

The app won't allow me to click anything on it.

I have iOS 16.5.

I'm worried to just close/quit Rush and relaunch it, as I'm afraid I'll lose all my work.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Adobe Premier Rush and Press and hold Alt key from Keyboard and double click on Adobe Premier Rush Icon. Then Click Yes. Problem Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines