• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush won't open my MOV file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to upload an MOV file to Premiere Rush, I get a message saying the program was unable to open the file. Despite the fact it's a screen recording created through Quicktime/Apple and I read that all Apple files are supported. 

For more background, I have attemped to do this on a MacBook Air circa 2014 and an iMac from 2019 and get the same results. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 3.27.01 PM.png

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Hi @Kaylei33537838a6ws,

Thanks for the message. I read that you can't import a QuickTime file into Rush. That shouldn't happen. Sorry fo the issue. You might try transcoding these problematic clips in freeware, Shutter Encoder. Try a test with a single clip and see if it works. You can transcode back to H.264 or use ProRes LT. Let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Sorry about the issue. We can take a look.  Could you share the file with us? We can try testing it at our end.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Hasn't it been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Did it resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, its making editing content very difficult. Any advice to mitigate this would be welcomed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kaylei33537838a6ws,

Thanks for the message. I read that you can't import a QuickTime file into Rush. That shouldn't happen. Sorry fo the issue. You might try transcoding these problematic clips in freeware, Shutter Encoder. Try a test with a single clip and see if it works. You can transcode back to H.264 or use ProRes LT. Let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines