• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing MPEG videos

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Rush and attempted importing videos shot on my GoPro 9 into my laptop.  Videos have been copied from the GoPro to the laptop and I'm importing the files from the computer.  Each time the clips show up in the timeline along the bottom of the screen, but the preview window remains black.  The audio plays fine, but no images.  How can I sort this?

I'm using an Acer Aspire 7 about 12 months old.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Import , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Can you share the following information?

• What are your system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Does it happen with specific files or is it with all media types?
  • What happens when you turn off "Use Optimized Clips"? Go to View > Use Optimized Clips

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H2 2.2GHz

RAM: 8GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForcevGTX1050Ti with 4GB GDDRS dedicated VRAM

Each project I have tried I have used different MPEG files, always with the same result.  All source files originally shot on GoPro, transfered to the laptop and imported from there.

Following your response I switched "Use optimised clips" on and started a new project.  The same thing happened; timeline shows images, sound plays, no image in the preview window.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. Could you check if there's an update available for your GPU driver?

Also, can you share the sample file with us to test?

Kartiika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to share a source file, but how?  The upload limit is 47MB and the original footage is 3GB.  I tried to make a 20second clip using Microsoft Video Maker but even that was +200MB.  Is there another way I can share the clip with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

You can drop there and share the download link with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thansk,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines