Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An error occurred" Trying to export to YouTube

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to export a video to YouTube via Adobe Premiere Rush 1.2.8 on Windows 10 1903 an get a message "An error occurred".

The video appears in YouTube Studio and just sits there processing and never finishes.

Is there anyway of troubleshooting this at all? There's no details of the error log or any diagnostic information that I could find as to the cause of the error. I have uploaded a previous video a month ago without issue.

This software's a bit of a joke TBH. I used up my last 2 trial exports trying to upload this to YouTube, paid for the subscription and still can't get it.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long is your video?

Are you able to output an MP4 of your video to your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 mins and Yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you aren't able to upload to YouTube. Did you set up the connection and authorize the link between the program and YouTube?

In any event, worst case you can always output your video as an MP4 to your device and then upload it to YouTube with your web browser or YouTube app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you aren't able to upload to YouTube. Did you set up the connection and authorize the link between the program and YouTube?

Yes. Neither am I. Adobe's diagnostic/logging tools are a joke, hence this post.

In any event, worst case you can always output your video as an MP4 to your device and then upload it to YouTube with your web browser or YouTube app.

I can, it would be nice to get it happening via Premiere Rush though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angus, 

Sorry for the trouble. I'll reach out to some team members that may have a better idea of how to what the issue may be here but wanted to ask and suggest a few things in the meantime. 

1. Can you send a screenshot of the YouTube settings page in Rush? Please include the Advance Settings as well.  It will be helpful to see all of your settings. 

2. Do you have another YouTube account you can attempt to upload to? This will be helpful to know if the issue is tied to a specific account. 

3. Have you verified your YouTube account? I've seen non-verified accounts experience upload issues in the past. If you haven't done so, here's how to verify your account:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171664?hl=en#targetText=You%20can%20get%20started%20with,v...

Thanks for your time and feedback. 

Best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it again and for some reason it works!! 

Guessing there might've been an outage on YouTube's end.

Why Adobe chooses to make so little logging and diagnostic information available to the end user is beyond me. I wasted so much time trying to troubleshoot this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing has started happening for no reason whatsoever.

Why Adobe can't give any meaningful diagnostic or error information is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually it has to do with some youtube field which are not correctly filled like  if your tags exceeded the limit allowed by youtube , and then Adobe P, does not show youtube error like when you upload by web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This software is really getting on my nerves. It constantly crashes and wont open again until I go into task manager and end everything associated with it. Also, it continually gives an error when trying to upload to youtube. I have about had it!!!!! If this next upload does not work, you can kiss this customer goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines