Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

really faded colours after export RUSH video

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

when exporting a video from RUSH it comes out really faded and washed out, checked a couple of other users questions on this but no real answer to it. 

screenshots attached, the bright one is working in RUSH, the dull one is a screenshot after

can anyone help with any suggestions? its like going from RGB to CMYK kind of effect tho i know thats impossible but just saying, it loses all brightness and vivid colours. really weird. it must have something to do with new imac, i upgraded to 2020 imac 27" at the start of January, it doesnt happen on my old 2013 imac. is it the colour management of the new imac? cant find to change within rush, and all export options are the same result > really appreciate anyones solution as it looks a bit crap. thanks in advance...

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Hi @Lee5E3C, Hello @Sarah32602910909h,

Thanks for the message. It sounds like you are experiencing a Mac only issue due to its use of P3 monitors and the way they display gamma. The issue is explained here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/quot-why-does-my-footage-look-darker-in-premiere-quot-color-q-amp-a/td-p/4788414

Try viewing footage in VLC, not QuickTime. You can also upload the footage to a video sharing site and see if you find the color to be the same as in VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. If you speed up the clips then they come out in normal tones. I can't figure out how to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lee5E3C, Hello @Sarah32602910909h,

Thanks for the message. It sounds like you are experiencing a Mac only issue due to its use of P3 monitors and the way they display gamma. The issue is explained here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/quot-why-does-my-footage-look-darker-in-prem...

Try viewing footage in VLC, not QuickTime. You can also upload the footage to a video sharing site and see if you find the color to be the same as in VLC. QuickTime Player is not a good app for evaluating color, unfortunately.

Another thing you might try is applying a color effect to the footage. You can edit the effect to taste, as well, click the Edit button after applying a basic look.

I hope the info and advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines