• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Screen Issue

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people get the red frame with the explanation point. I however get this! And it's only been on this video so far. It plays solid through quick time. I even re-saved it through quicktime. So why is it not playing on Rush? This is for a well wishes video for our friend who has cancer and is going to the hospital in two days. Any expedited help would be appreciated! ❤️

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 12.37.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an update pending for Rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the updates this morning but I wonder if that might be effecting it somehow. 😕

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KCCK Graphics

First off, really sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts and prayers to your friend!

A few things you can try:

1. Just export the video as is. Sometimes the red frame will not appear in the saved video.

2. If #1 does not, and it's not too difficult you can try starting a new project. On occasion, the red frame will not appear in a new project.

3. Lastly and maybe the best solution is using Handbrake or Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the problematic file and replacing your the original clip with the transcoded file. 

Handbrake link:

https://handbrake.fr/

If you need any additional help, please let us know.

Best,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, KCCK Graphics!

You're not the only one with this problem and we're spending some time this week to fix the source of the glitch. Could you answer these questions to get us on the right path?

1. Detailed computer specs? OS, GPU, CPU, the whole shebang. On a Mac, you can click the Apple logo in the top left corner, select "About this Mac" and screenshot the specs there.

2. What did you shoot the footage on? Would you mind if we got a copy of that file? If you could upload it to a file-sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive, it'd be greatly appreciated.

3. What's your workflow? Did you create this project on your phone or computer? Which device does the red frame appear on?

Thanks so much for helping us improve our software! Best wishes to you and yours.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know when it is  fixed. its Mar 1st 2020 and I have lost a lot of time with this same issue now!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a resolution on this? I'm encountering the same thing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Has this been solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. How can it be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, since nobody at Adobe could figure it out- googling this shows there seems to be a similar issue with Premiere Pro as well. And according to Premiere Pro, the solution for now is to go into settings and deactivate (uncheck) hardware acceleration- so just like Pro, in Rush, go into Preferences and look for the checkbox Enable hardware acceleration for encoding and decoding, and uncheck that. Then restart Rush and boom the red screen should not be there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! That worked. Thanks so much for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for months then had a sudden brainwave. The Adobe Cloud sync folder was in another folder which my Synology NAS client sync software (Synology Drive) uses to sync between my PC and my Synology NAS. I simply moved the Adobe sync folder outside of the Synology sync folder and Rush started working correctly with no red exclamation marks. It seems that the Synology drive client may have been locking the adobe files.

Works every time now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, Look for programmes that may be locking your files / folders. Try using Unlocker 1.9.2 for Windows - Download (uptodown.com). You can also unlock or move files with this programme without deleting them.

NB I have no connection with this programme or its developer. Also, its free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines