• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render/Export Failure with "zoom and pan" JPG images?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am an avid Rush user and was so excited to use the Ken Burns style feature in my video editing. I have used it a couple times with no issue, but my most recent project (and the most complicated) has been crashing upon rendering in the same spot.

The issue happens on mobile (iPhone 10 XR) and my 2017 Macbook Pro with the Intel i7 processor.

The video will render just fine until I get to the first JPEG (exported from Lightroom, roughly 18 mb, 6000x4000) which has a pan and zoom on it. The computer will slow to a crawl and get through this. It crashes on the image right after, with is a similar sized JPEG exported from Lightroom with a slightly more intense pan and zoom on it.

For the iPhone, it fails repeatedly at 6% or 13%. The 6% failure is before it even reaches the JPEGs, the 13% failure is right around when it would be exporting them.

Is there a syncing issue with this feature? According to my Adobe CC account, the apps are all the newest versions. My iPhone and Mac are running the latest iOS updates.

I've read other threads and it seems people have fixed this issue by changing render output (did not work for me) and/or updating and rebooting (which also has not worked for me).

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Export , Mobile version , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add context, I was able to locate the issue to be specifically for the "Pan and Zoom" features on my JPEG images. I attempted to export just the "Pan and Zoom" on a single image in order to place it in my project as an .mp4, but even just this one task would crash Rush.

My work-around for this was to use the Ken Burns effect in iMovie and export as .mp4 files. I was able to export my entire video (2 gig file) in roughly 5 minutes, when previous render estimations were between 2 and 3 hours. I hope this gets fixed since I would like to get rid of iMovie altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same on a Windows PC and my IPad. Glad it is not my computer 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a fix for this, I'm having the same issue on my computer when rendering video and photos together.  If I turn pan and zoom off, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines