• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REQUEST: Premier Rush for Windows on ARM (ARM64)

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have photoshop for Windows on ARM and it's wonderful. Could we start to get the rest of the suite, assuming that it is not currently planned?

The Microsoft Surface Pro X is an excellent machine with a GPU that can compete with the Apple M1. I know the Microsoft/Qualcomm SQ2 is lacking in CPU compared to the M1, but it's still more than powerful enough for this, considering how wonderfully Photoshop runs on WoA. After all, the GPU is the generally primary component required for video and image processing.

Since the ARM64 libraries clearly exist for OSX, they can certainly be ported to Windows DLLs. I support ARM products no matter what company is using them, but it's frustrating to constantly be looked over until Apple does the same thing someone else does and THEY get support first and THEY get praised instead of the actual pioneer.

That complaint aside, as it's personal opinions and frustration not meant to detract from an excellent ARM SoC (The Apple M1), I think this would be a wonderful program for the Surface Pro X. The Surface product line is specifically designed for creators after all and creators need to be able to do images, video, and often animations.

I'd make a note that the Pro X could easily run the Adobe suite using x64 emulation, however Adobe has, with a recent update, prevented WoA devices from installing the x64 creative cloud application. Even if you download the x64 app, it forces install of the ARM64 version without telling you and said version doesn't allow us to install x64 applications even though the computers can run them.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Need it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good points - - and you can get more input and votes from other users for feature requests here:

Adobe's Feature Request pages.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

(this space is more "help" than future build recommendations)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines