• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush can't preview 2.7k/30 from DJI Mavic Mini

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some footage from a DJI Mavic Mini which uses 2.7k/30 mp4 files.  Rush seems to recognise them and I can drop them into my project and see static imaes, but when I press play on the preview window I get a black screen - the clock moves but the screen is black.

This is on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo X1 Extreme laptop - 8th Gen Core i7 processor, 32Gb RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti graphics card.  Rush version is 1.2.12.

All my drivers are up to date, have checked and unchecked the "Use Optimized Clips" option, cleared the cache, restarted the machine, but nothing makes the previews work.  I can even export the video as-is and it will render/export fine, but without the preview I can't meaningfully edit.

Windows built-in Video Editor software can preview/edit the clips correctly, so I don't believe this is a Windows/hardware issue.

Is there a known issue with 2.7k/30 files in Rush?

Also, is there planned support for a 2.7k export?  I don't like to have to "downgrade" my clips to 1080p.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi greigrm, 

Happy New Year! Thanks for the details you provided. Sorry, you're experiencing this issue with a black monitor. Does this happen only with those specific files? If that's the case, would you mind uploading a file that I can test with? That may help identify what the issue is. 

One other thing you can try that you didn't mention. Open the project, go to the sequence menu, select "Prepare for Playback". Once the blue circle progress spinner completes (near the Undo button) try to play your sequence back. 

There's no set plan to support custom export settings but you're not the first person I've heard request this. Please add your vote here for us to support custom export settings. 

If you're ok exporting 4k here's how:

1. Open Share window, twirl down Advance Settings  

2. From the Resolution dropdown menu, select 2160p

3. Click Export

Best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for the response.

I have tried the Pre-render function and it makes no difference.  I don't see the blue circle beside the undo button.

You can get a link to a sample clip here: http://www.bespokecontrol.com/dji.html

For info, I've since downloaded trials of both Permier and Premier Elements and they can both play this file in the preview window, so I think it is definitely an issue with Premier Rush itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the file. That was really helpful. I believe we'll have this fixed in our next release. I do not yet have the timing but we're working on getting it out as soon as possible. In the meantime, another workaround would be using proxy files for editing. You can set it by making your project a "Synced" project. Try this -

1. From the Project Browser, click on the more options button on your project (three dots ...)

2. Select "Turn Sync On" 

3. Open your project, go to the View menu, select "Use Optimized Clips" - It may take a few minutes after you enable Sync for your project.

This should allow you to see your clips while editing. When you export, Rush will use your original media to ensure the highest quality.  

Thanks for the patience while we get this issue resolved. 

Best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue with Premiere Pro CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter the 3 dots you speak of must be only on the Mac version of the software because on PC there's nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines