• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush does not recognise video files from Sony HD Camera

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony HD video camera and when I try to import video files into Rushm they do not appear/are not recognised.  Are these some common files formats that cannot be imported into Rush, if so what is the rowk around?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I researched and found an article that shows the list of supported codecs and cameras. Please take a look: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

I would personally suggest you, transcode your media files with any third-party software like HandBrake and then import.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of camcorder is it and how is it connected to your computer? Is it tape-based HDV? AVCHD? 4K? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Camera is a Sony HDR XR550 and the file format is AVCHD, I connect to the computer via USB.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you've moved the M2T files from the camcorder to your hard drive?

Or am I wrong to assume you're editing on a Windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am on a desktop MAC am trying to import direct from the camera.

--
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I researched and found an article that shows the list of supported codecs and cameras. Please take a look: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

I would personally suggest you, transcode your media files with any third-party software like HandBrake and then import.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thansk for the below, I will give it a go, I see tha AVCHD seems to be an accepetd file format.  One final question, does the fact that I am current using the free trial of Rush have an impact? Are there any limitations with the trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Premiere Rush Starter Plan as a trial. Please take a look at this article that shows more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-rush/kb/starter-paid-rush-upgrade.html

Let us know if you've any questions.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks.  Just referring to one of your earlier posts where you suggested I use Handbrake to transcode my media files, do you mean convert the files into a different format? If so which one?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can convert the files to other codecs that Premiere Rush supports. I am sharing the link of the article that shows the supported formats, check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Let us know if you've any questions.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines