Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush extremly laggy

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am an Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom user for a long time. Recently, I started making videos, and being a newbie, I didn't feel the need to have a really complex software like premiere pro, so I got Rush. I thought this was a good idea because I also work at home from my Samsung Note 20 ultra using Dex, and rush seems to be working fine on Dex. However, on my phone and computer, the app is extremely laggy. when I try to playback videos, it freezes, image doesn't move but I can hear the sound. On my PC, I am unable to browse files to find my videos. 

Here's my hardware

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 

PC : AMD Rayzen 5 
32gb DDR4

512GB SSD

GTX 1080ti

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't fix anything. As a paying customer, I feel like this should be working correctly. Anyone have a walkaround ? 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy!

Sorry about the performance issue. We can get this checked. Currently, Premiere Rush is not officially supported on Samsung Note 20 Ultra. This might create some performance issues on your mobile device. For more details, you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/user-guide.html/premiere-rush/system-requirements.ug.html

Let's start troubleshooting on PC:

• What type of files are you editing (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)? 
  • Which device did you use to record the footage?
  • Could you check if there's an update available for your GPU driver?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Kartika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kartika, 

Thanks for the answer. That's a real bummer for the note 20 ultra, do you have any idea when they will support the device? I basically bought this higher spec phone so I could have enough juice to edit. 

Videos are filmed in 1080P, @ 24FPS with my Note 20 ultra and my Canon SL2. 

The issue on my PC is not performance-related when editing, it just doesn't show any of my files when I want to upload them into the editor. 

Yesterday, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and after a couple of seconds I could see my files, but it's extremely long. Would be nice if you could simply drag and drop your files like in premiere. 

My editing needs are really basic for my youtube channel that I just started, I don't need a software like premiere pro that you can do a lot more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! You can directly let our engineers know about the feature request by putting it up here and follow for updates: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Can you share some sample files so that I can test them on my PC?

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines