Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush is cutting off the top of my films and photos

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Rush is cutting off the top of my films and photos when I am in 16:9. I prefer the landscape format and not a square. Thanks for the help in advance!

Judith from France

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Hi Judith!

Thank you for reaching out. Are your videos captured in a portrait mode? You need to capture the files in a landscape mode to avoid the cropping of the footage.

Let us know if you're editing on the landscape footage and still getting this issue.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judith!

Thank you for reaching out. Are your videos captured in a portrait mode? You need to capture the files in a landscape mode to avoid the cropping of the footage.

Let us know if you're editing on the landscape footage and still getting this issue.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. When I add a normal landscape video recording from Zoom, the top is cut off by 16:9. It is likely because the Zoom recording is slightly taller than 16:9 as the Zoom interface adds people's faces above the 'shared screen' part of the recordings. Please allow us to add some black on the top/sides of videos to make them fit 16:9 rather than automatically cutting off parts of the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see the video I am adding is 2560x1600 which is 11% taller than 16:9, so it is likely that bit that is being cut off, instead of adding some black on the sides to make it wider and thus fit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines