• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush won’t render audio track

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like other Rush posters I can see in terms of urgency, my project was due yesterday but I'm stuck on malfunctioning rendering. I've literally spent hours, each time emptying cache, quitting Rush, then restarting holding alt key (Windows) to clear preferences. It's still hit and miss, especially as I want to continue making minor tweaks. I have a complex video (for Rush) with 4 video tracks and three audio. I changed audio by shifting clips around so I used only two tracks. But the problem persists. On export, one of my audio tracks is missing. This is a disaster! If I go through the steps of clearing the cache and preferences, it's then hit or miss whether both tracks will export. The audio consists of 1 music track composed of two long clips (was two tracks, as originally I had some overlapping, but I amalgamated them into one, in case Rush was not coping) and 1 track composed of multiple consecutive recorded speech clips. I've seen this issue around the internet and with a render time of 15+ minutes for a 4.5 minute clip, Rush is failing me big time. I'm writing this while waiting for another export to complete and don't know whether both my tracks will export or not. On top of this - and I don't know whether this is a cache issue - my audio plays back in the editor at a different volume each time I return to the video after clearing Rush. I'm trying to achieve a custom balance between my audio and video; I want one of the music clips to start much louder than the previous one, so can't rely on auto settings - and anyway, why should I? After testing my latest export my next move is to import into Premiere Pro and export from there but I'm worried it won't transfer accurately.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: So yes, it will export correctly from Pro. But when I imported from Rush into Pro, the audio tracks look very weird - the two tracks appear to have been amalgamated into one and then duplicated (!!) and also broken up into segments so there are actual gaps in what should be a continuous clip - but on playback the sound still plays! So I am wary of even trying to edit the audio - I need to alter balance between voice and music. So what I'm going to do now is get back into Rush, open the project and *guess* where the audio controls should sit for the audio clip I want to change - because Rush is not playing back correctly and is giving me crazy volumes (way too low) compared to what I've set. I *guessed* once, just prior to importing into Pro, and then was able to hear the correct playback volumes in Pro and in the exported video. The adjustment wasn't as much as it should have been, so will do again in Rush (once it's taken forever to sync to the cloud/save the project - had to exit just now to enable it to save as 'autosave is not working please exit to enable save') - and then import the updated file into Pro as a new project and export from there. This is not good, Adobe. Maybe my project in Rush was too complex for its limitations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a final update - I found my missing imported audio (Rush to PP): it had been placed on tracks 33-34!!!! Also speech track is not editable. Don't import into Pro from Rush if you want full editing capability!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I have a bit more info. If I export at 720p HD resolution then everything is okay. If I go for 1080p full HD then it's hit and miss whether the sound tracks export correctly. Luckily I'm using Rush for social media but will eventually want to put some of the 16:9 vids on YouTube. Maybe this is a limitation of my i5 processor?? Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Even though no one did answer you here, thank you for updating on how you solved the problem. I had practically the same issue - a track for music and a track for voice over, everything seems fine even at pre rendering preview but noticed that the voiceover track is missing only after uploading the video on YT. And yess, I also rendered at 1080 HD, I doubt it's hardware issue, it must be a very annoying glitch in rush. I guess i'll try the 720p option now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - have come to major conclusions since posting:

1. Use Pro not Rush at all times

2. Get better PC

Would be interested to know if 720p works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines