Highlighted

Rush wont start. Hangs on prparing screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software hangs on the 'preparing projects' screen. If I press cancel, I can then start a new project and select videos to edit, but when I try to edit the project it hangs again.

I have removed and reinstalled and also tried two graphics cards.

Capture.JPG

Fixed. What I had to do was sign out of cc, then start the Rush program and only sign back in when the software did a cc account check and prompted me during the program start process. That solved it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rush wont start. Hangs on prparing screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software hangs on the 'preparing projects' screen. If I press cancel, I can then start a new project and select videos to edit, but when I try to edit the project it hangs again.

I have removed and reinstalled and also tried two graphics cards.

Capture.JPG

Fixed. What I had to do was sign out of cc, then start the Rush program and only sign back in when the software did a cc account check and prompted me during the program start process. That solved it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2018 4
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Rush forum, Christopher.

I’m more familiar with the iOS side than with the desktop versions, but I think others who have encountered this problem got past it by logging out of the Creative Cloud app and then signing back in. To sign out, click your avatar in the upper right corner of the CC app, then click “Sign out.”

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark. I'm afraid that didn't solve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Good job troubleshooting.

Happy editing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly. This does not work for me. It still spinning its wheels while trying to display what projects I already have. I supect there is a corrupted project and it is not able to display it and never comes back. I tried uninstalling the whole software and re-installing and nothing helps. It is now useless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found deleting my Rush profile in the folder fixed the hang for me:

::Mac : Users : [me] : Documents : Adobe : Premiere Rush : 1.5 <--delete this folder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mate you are a lifesaver!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally solved my problem.  Thank you ever so much.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Pau1966 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good solution: Solved the problem.

Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0