• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen recording in Premiere Rush?

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Rush be used for screen capture recording by people making tutorials?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

The Answer is - NO, Rush does not do screen recording. It's irritating reading through the responses, YES, we know you can use other programs to screen capture and record, the question wasn't how to screen record, but if the feature is included, and the feature is not included. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023
Hi,
Sorry, screen recording is not currently available in Rush. Thank you for your feature request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Sources:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nokemov,

Welcome to the Rush community.

When you say screen capture, do you mean to say recording the iPhone/iPad screen, just as one would capture gameplay footage on a computer?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's what you want to do, you can follow these steps:

1. Record the screen of your iOS device: How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2. This would save the screen capture to the Camera Roll as a video file.

3. Import that video file in Rush and edit it.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured as much (using Quicktime for screen recording and then importing the clips into Premiere Rush), but it would be nice if Premiere Rush included screen recording capability, at least for convenience sake.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting it on our UserVoice platform as a feature request so that others can up-vote it too? Premiere Rush: Hot (102 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create Photoshop tutorials and capture the video on screen to make my basic clips prior to editing.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though Rush does not have a built in screen capture tool, the built-in iOS screen capture feature is very simple and convenient. The link that Rameez provided explains how to get the Record button added to the iOS Control Center and then how to make a screen recording, but it does not cover how how to access Control Center, which varies from device to device. If you don't know how, please let us know your make and model and we will coach you on how to get to Control Center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an employee you should be aware that I went through considerable irritation to get my university to provide me with an Adobe Creative Suite account for producing online lectures only to find that it lacks the basic feature of recording webcam and screen video captures. As a teacher I have been pushed into the role of creating online video content and I was hoping to use your suite of tools to shorten my learning curve. Instead it took 36 hours to have my account activated by my institution with the help of our IT administrator, and I have spent an entire morning searching for how to record my screen and webcam using your software. My plan was to produce a tutorial for my students so they could produce and upload presentations as a remote group project. I know your product has some amazing features but so do GIMP and other open source products. If my first step in the project is to have students record their screen and webcams is to tell them to download OBS Studio then it makes no sense to pay to subscribe to your creative suite. It is possible that my ASUS Zenbook Duo is making it difficult but it appears I am not alone looking for this basic functionality and I am probably better off contacting my IT administrator and cancelling the subscription then wasting anymore time trouble shooting. Your Adobe Animate program looks fascinating but all the time invested in looking for a simple way to record a webcam image to narrate video content as I create it has dulled my appetite. I woke up with the idea of recording several screencasts showing my colleagues how to use Adobe Creative Suite to create and edit content for their language classes has been replaced with a feeling of frustration. I can now understand my universities reluctance to provide this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about on Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Key + G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Window tip!  You just saved me a bunch more searching time.  --and AGREED on the desire for this to be an integrated capability in the Adobe Suite of tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very useful but it would be great to be able to screen record in Adobe and have the choice to ignore UI and screen movements. What a shame we don't get access to Adobe Captivate even as full suite Adobe users. A bit dissapointing really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great !!!

how to crop windows?

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Adobe support person on this thread seems to imagine that someone preparing tutorials would want to do it on their phone... Seems a bit silly. Anyone wishing to prepare a serious tutorial, about a complex computer-based app that runs ON a computer -- with a mouse and normal menus, should not have to record it all on their phone. Pretty basic functionality, and it should not be missing from such an expensive suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the voice of a grown up at last. Of course all this should be possible on a desktop/laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same concerns voiced below. On Windows 10 Pro there is an app included called Xbox Game Bar. It will record everthing that is going on in a running program except not the Desktop or the File Explorer. And not outside the bounds of the running program window. It is designed to record game play but will record the use of Google Earth, PremierPro etc. anything that runs in a window.  It records the cursor which regrettable stays at the smallest size although the color can be changed to some bright color. This is presumably so the cursor does no interfere with recording game play, but it is there in the recording. Then if necessary, that clip which is stored in Videos>Capture, can be edited in PremierPro which may include highlighting things, adding text, andnin my case everytime I say:  "Ahhh,  So..." and long blank spaces while I think!  Xbox Game Bar will record your voice as you traverse the screen with the small pointer and spin Google Earth or point to various text.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Answer is - NO, Rush does not do screen recording. It's irritating reading through the responses, YES, we know you can use other programs to screen capture and record, the question wasn't how to screen record, but if the feature is included, and the feature is not included. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC user here. I want to record my screen using Premier Rush, but sounds like this is not possible. Am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would have been the Camtasia killer, but back to Camtasia it is.. along with all my other media. Nice try though! Get em next time I guess. Back to watching "phone tutorials" ???? LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is buried here. 

It is no. 

Tokyo27222119oei3

Nov 19, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines