• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple question: Why are Adobe mobile apps developed for Apple and not so much for Android ?

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More precisely the tablets. Apple tablets are supported, but in all the years I've used adobe they've never developed for Android tablets such as the Galaxy Tabs. I liked having Premiere clip on my S7 phone to do quick edits while I was out and about; but I certainly would of appreciated more screen realestate to edit on. I had to download Cyberlinks mobile Power Director to have something that I could edit with on my 10.1 Galaxy tab.

But before I ramble too much, I'm seriously wondering why doesnt Adobe in years upon years not develop mobile apps for both the Androd tablets and Android phones ?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Mobile version , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe, but I can certainly speculate.

There is an advantage to creating software for Apple. Apple builds operating systems and hardware. Their OS isn't trying to be all things to all people, like Microsoft's. They just have to match a dozen or so cofigurations. Develop a product for Android and you're trying to fit with hardware configurations that follow no standards. Samsung's Android products are quite different from Motos, for instance.

That said, I'm not sure Adobe focuses on creating software for Apple. In fact, Apple and Adobe are constantly at odds, each blaming the other for software issues.

Rush is early in its development, so it's not available for every Android device. Might never be. But that's only because there's so much ground to cover out there. It's certainly not because Adobe likes Apple more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alot of advantages of adope app developed by apple. Android  application is is not sautible for adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines