• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some projects won't load

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 10 laptop, about six of my projects will not load when selected from the Rush project window. Instead, Rush (v 1.5) opens a window that has a menu bar on top but is otherwise black (see screenshot below). Some of the same projects open as expected on the Rush phone app (Android-based) and run OK.

So far I've tried this: logged in and out of the Creative Cloud. Restarted my laptop. Please advise on what else I might try... Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-02-01 175237.jpg

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Did you try signing out and back into creative Cloud from the Help menu? Also, can you try launching the application as an administrator? Right-click on the app icon and select "Run as administrator"

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing Rush, then reopening while holding the ALT key (CMD on Mac). This will reset Rush's preferences, but your projects will still be there... Continue when it asks if it's ok to reset, then skip the opening Tutorial, and press the smaller X in the upper right corner of the sample project (NOT the X to close Rush!), and you should see your projects. They should load a bit faster this time...

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses, Anissa and Kartika!

I logged off and back onto Creative Cloud and still no luck with loading the problem projects on my laptop. I also tried to login as Admin and to login with with the Alt key pushed down. I still get a "blank" window when opening the problem projects. (Maybe I just need to open a project and leave it overnight to sync with cloud?)

More info: I found some entries in my Rush log files that show rendering errors due to a lack of disk space. I am guessing the disk space shortage (no longer an issue) was a factor in all of this...

-- Content from the AMEEncodingErrorLog file on my laptop--
Export Error
Error compiling movie.
Disk Full.
Error completing render.
-----------------------

I am going to move on... Some of the projects are already done and I have a compiled (rendered) sequence I will work with, if they ever need to be revised. Another project I am re-creating...

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago.  It was because I had an update for Windows that I missed.  I was so freaked out, then I remembered to check my computer for Updates and it all was fine after.

Also, sometimes I need to restart my PC after it has been on for hours in sleep mode.  I never noticed it before, until I got this one in August.

Try that and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. No change with restarts or updates. I am just moving forward with new and existing projects at this point. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to report back on this. On a whim, I tried to open some of my old projects and, wo, they now load as expected...clips, project media...and run as expected. I am not sure what caused the initial problem or how it got fixed. I don't know the algorithim for Rush project data synchronization between devices and the cloud...but Humpty Dumpty is back together again. All good things come to those who wait? Or to those who procrastinate? Or to those who don't like to troubleshoot? 🙂  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines