Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound on video not appearing in the preview after importing in Premiere Rush

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I Have made 6 videos all very similar and two randomly don't play sound on the video tracks.

When I go back and look at the files there is no problem with sound only when I upload them which I've done multiple times.

Thank you for any help or inisghts.

Title edited mod

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 3.45.04 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

I ran into this same problem with AVCHD/.MTS files and found a solution.

If you try to just drag and drop the .MTS files into your project there can be problems. It appears that there are "sidecar" (my term) files associated with the video files that are required by Premiere Rush to properly interpret the audio-video .MTS files.

What worked for me was to copy the entire AVCHD folder from my SD card onto my hard drive. Then, from within Premiere Rush, click on Add Media>Your Media and once you navi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that the audio file does not play in Premiere Rush.

Looking at your response.

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thank you for helping me with this.

• Premerie Rush V1.2.12 Build 10
  • Mac 0S Mojave Version 10.14.5
  • Video file -  .MTS

Thanks so much Catherine - let me know if you need more info

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Catherine! Sorry that you're not hearing audio while playing back your video within Rush. Have you tried deleting it from the timeline and re-adding it? Or deleting it from the project and re-adding it? Rush is probably misreading the audio cache, which is a fancy was of saying "Rush isn't processing the audio all the way when you're importing it"

I'm also curious if it plays back correctly after you've rendered it! Once it's in your camera roll, does the sound play correctly? Happy to help! Cool idea to use Rush to make fitness videos, I don't think I've seen anyone doing that yet! 

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Yes I've tried deleting and re adding it numerous times with no success.

Yes I've opened the file as its saved on my computer and plays perfectly there as a file in my movie folder on my mac.

I'm not too sure if I understand what 'rendering it' means so I might be missing something. It's so weird this has never happened and now happening on 2 different clips.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Catherine!

I am sharing an article that may help with more info on rendering, please have a look: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/export-share-video.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thanks for the link, however I think this is more posed at the processing afterwards rather than the importing the file into rush which is where I'm encountering my problem. 

I still haven't been able to resolve this.

I tried to export to to see what happens and once it's rendered there is still no audio.

It's to the point now where re filming will be faster than solving this which is a real time waster and frustration as I still don't know the issue or what to do to avoid it happening again or fix it if it does happen again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into this same problem with AVCHD/.MTS files and found a solution.

If you try to just drag and drop the .MTS files into your project there can be problems. It appears that there are "sidecar" (my term) files associated with the video files that are required by Premiere Rush to properly interpret the audio-video .MTS files.

What worked for me was to copy the entire AVCHD folder from my SD card onto my hard drive. Then, from within Premiere Rush, click on Add Media>Your Media and once you navigate to the AVCHD folder you'll see all your videos. Dragging them into the timeline from there resolved all of the audio synch and no audio problems I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines