• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split audio from video?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be obvious, and it may be covered somewhere, or it may just be obviously impossible, but I can't find anything covering the case.

I've got some video of a child with Twinkle Twinkle little star being played. I want to cut it in half so that just the first bit of the song is playing. Unfortunately the child is smiling more in the second part of the footage - so ideally I'd like to keep the audio track from the first bit of footage, but delete the pictures, and splice that audio over the second bit of footage.

However while I can split the clip, and I can shrink the audio track within the clip, I can't work out how to delete just the audio without deleting the pictures, and vice versa. Is this even possible?

Any advice on this appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Hi TimY!

Here's another thread on the topic: How to split audio and visual clips

You could also put the second portion of the video above the first part on the second track and put the audio from the smiling part down a track, then mute that track. It would use the audio from the first part of the video and the visual from the second.

Let me know if that's helpful!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TimY!

Here's another thread on the topic: How to split audio and visual clips

You could also put the second portion of the video above the first part on the second track and put the audio from the smiling part down a track, then mute that track. It would use the audio from the first part of the video and the visual from the second.

Let me know if that's helpful!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips Caroline – I’ll have a play using the work arounds you suggest and see what I can do!

Tim Young | Digital Communications Manager

Together for Short Lives

www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk<http://www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk>

Together for Short Lives is a registered charity in England and Wales (1144022) and Scotland (SC044139) and a company limited by guarantee (7783702)

[[MODERATOR: edited to remove personal contact info]]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into this issue yesterday and came up with a workaround. I imported the video clip into Quicktime and saved out the audio which I was then able to import in to Rush and lay in under another graphic running in the piece I was working on. Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines