Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Preview Screen Problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I've recently started using Adobe Rush to do small edits to my drone videos and hyperlapses, but for some reason my program, when I attempt to edit a video shows two previews of the same video within the preview screen. Also, each video is more of a monochrome with colored ghosts of the video overlayed the original.

I have uploaded example images of my issue.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas?

Screenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Premiere Pro forum, someone suggested running clips through Handbrake (an open source video transcoder) to resolve the issue...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now THAT'S interesting. Thanks for the screenshots, that's super helpful!

What kind of footage is this? What did you capture it with? That will help point us in the right direction. Anissa's suggestion is a good idea too, if you need a fast workaround.

Happy to help!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I can provide you with something new. 😄

h.265 codex filmed with a Hasselblad L1D-20c camera via a DJI Mavic 2 Pro.

https://www.hasselblad.com/collaborations/dji-mavic-2-pro/

Also, I would like to note that I currently have Adobe Rush installed on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 with Windows 10 64-bit, and Rush worked fine, although slow, so I decided to clean the harddrive and reinstall windows to improve the performance, and this issue arose after the wipe and reinstall, not before.

Another note: Adobe Rush has no problem running and editing the hyperlapse films created by the Mavic 2 Pro, only the videos recorded on it (the hyperlapse images are just RAW images compressed into JPG and then played at 25 fps to appear as a timelapse).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for the details! The split screen display is making me think that Rush is trying to process it as VR footage. That would make sense why the colors are different on each side too, it's trying to create an image for each eye. I wonder if you transcoded the clip before importing it, if that would make it behave correctly. You can use Adobe Media Encoder to do this, or you can use a third-party transcoder like Handbrake! https://handbrake.fr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar thought, regarding the VR, and I will give your (and @anissa_thompson's) suggestion a try and let you know of the results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our engineers is interested in investigating this, would you be willing to share a clip with us so we can reproduce this on our end and fix it? You could upload the clip to a fileshare service like Google Drive and drop the link here, if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! Whom should I share it with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put the link here on the community, if you'd feel comfortable with that! Soon we'll have a private messaging system here on the forums so we can bypass that. Would it work for you to share the link in a post here? We can think of something else, if not. Hope the transcode went well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake worked in solving the issue, and with regards to you request of the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_QQVaCQmPhafgJsYsWb9W-8gw65GWUh/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I had a similar problem. It seems using the Open CL codec at the time of open the project was causing a similar issue. I changed it to CUDA and it solved the problem. No handbrakes

Annotation 2020-03-07 141317.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me. Also using Mavic 2 pro footage. I emptied the Disk Cache and the Media cache "Clean Database & Cache" and solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suffered from it and it was not resolved until I redefined the graphics card from the manufacturer's website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines