• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Audio in Rush

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you split a stereo audio clip into two mono audio clips in Rush?  I am asking because there is a microphone I am interested in buying (Deity V-Mic D4 Duo) and it has a front and back microphone.

TOPICS
Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it import as Left/Right or as two separate audio files on record?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently do not have the microphone I mentioned in my post but, other files I load into rush, the audio is left/ right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't looked at the specs on that mic, but it appears to have a depth instead of just stereo recording ability - looks cool.

Ack - I thought that "Balance" would let you shift the stereo weight Left/Right, but (on iPad at least), that's not what the button does.  It might be possible on iPad, but perhaps I'm not recording in Stereo with the iPad mic. 😞

On Desktop version, if you can import the audio file Left Right, then you CAN isolate the channel (under Advanced settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The mic has a switch. One setting is the front mic which is in stereo. The other setting activates both the front and rear mic, which both are in mono. At least that's what the reviewer on the video I watched said. He said when both mics create audio, you can take it into editing software (in his case Final Cut) and you can separate the two mono audio files so you can edit them separately. I see that premier pro can do this. I was wondering if Rush was able to or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines