Highlighted

Storage: Where does Rush store its project and preview files on a PC?

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat little program but..

Where does Ru store its project and preview files on a PC.

The tutorial tour does not go past Transitions.

Message was edited by: Moderator

Sync with Creative Cloud lets you sync between multiple devices. The project is stored in Creative Cloud but the format of that data is very different than a standalone project file. Hence, you wouldn't find that in your Creative Cloud storage.

Thanks,
Rameez

TOPICS
Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Storage: Where does Rush store its project and preview files on a PC?

Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat little program but..

Where does Ru store its project and preview files on a PC.

The tutorial tour does not go past Transitions.

Message was edited by: Moderator

Sync with Creative Cloud lets you sync between multiple devices. The project is stored in Creative Cloud but the format of that data is very different than a standalone project file. Hence, you wouldn't find that in your Creative Cloud storage.

Thanks,
Rameez

TOPICS
Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann!

Render files are saved in the default premiere Pro location ‘common’ Folder.

You can force render by going to the sequenced menu and select prepare Media for playback.

Let us know when you find it!

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 2
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to force render

I only want to know were everything is stored.

Render files are saved in the default premiere Pro location ‘common’ Folder.

Can you give me the path there a more then one common folders.

I do not like render files on my C drive.

I also want to know were the project file is stored.

Dont seem to be able to delete them from the program

Also if i want to save the file local it is always set to Document, it does not remember last setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Rush video previews are stored here: Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Managed Media\Adobe Premiere Rush Video Previews

I also want to know were the project file is stored.

The project file isn't stored the way Premiere Pro does it. The project is stored on the cloud and the project file database is located here locally: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Local Hub

Also if i want to save the file local it is always set to Document, it does not remember last setting.

Let me check what's going on there.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 2
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project must be somewhere on the computer as I have uncheck syncing to the cloud.

I check the cloud and they are nowhere to be found.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2018 2
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rush projects are supposed to be importable into premiere. If there's no workable standalone project file, how can that be done?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no need to reply, I've found the answer. Go to the home page of premiere pro and click on "open premiere rush project"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 0
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush projects do indeed easily import into Premiere.

My guess is when you create your project on your IOS device, and it gets stored in Creative Cloud, the playlist (edit) is invisibly meshed in with all the media that is also stored with that project in the Cloud.

When you click on Open Premiere Rush Project . . . on the splash page of Premiere Pro, it will open a panel that will show you all available Rush projects currently on the Cloud that you can open in Premiere.

Rush works on a different structural paradigm than Premiere, which makes it well suited (IMHO) for the target user and that user's purpose.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 16 thousand people tried to find an answer to this. There's a serious gap in UX. I shouldn't be scouring the forums or watching tutorials to be able to perform basic file management. Same reason Lightroom gets so much hate. Awful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save ONLY on my laptop and NOT on the cloud ? I prefer to have everything all on my laptop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone has worked out where/how Rush projects live in the file structure, OR EVEN just a work around on how to send a RUSH project to another person?

Matthew P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring cloud storage for now, from what I can gather Rush doesn't create project files, it creates 2 things (it does a whole bunch more but these are the things that are relevant to my point):

1, A directory that contains all the assets you use in your projects located here C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets  - this is just the raw assests you added into your projects.

2. Rush then creates a map or instructions to follow that outline what you've done when editing. i.e get the first 10 seconds of AssetA.mp4 then show AssetB.jpg for 2 seconds. Rush doesn't save a new version of AssetA.mp4 that is only 10 seconds long it just writes instrutions.

What I want to know is how to change the directory Rush to save it's copies of assets to. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know the same thing. My C: drive is a relatively small SSD, and I can't let software store copies of the video file assets on the C: drive, or I will be out of space very quickly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. I do not wish to store data that I should be able to backup "on the cloud".

I need to be able to manage this locally and *not* on the boot drive (for reasons that should be obvious here).

I see copies (unnecessary) of content files here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets but nothing else

So, where is all the data and where can it be moved to?

Thanks,

Richard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, if your assets are resident on an external or "data" drive or whatever, when you create the project and DON'T tick the "Copy Media Files" option, the files are referenced where you got them from, not stored on your local computer/boot drive.

Matthew P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew.

But where are the instructions to create the show from them stored?

--
From an Island in the Pacific,
Richard James, Victoria, BC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0