• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Problems: Media Offline

Participant ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project in Rush on my iPad (iOS 13.2) and am unable to get access to the media on the desktop (Mac OS 10.13.6). My goal is to edit the project further in Premiere Pro, but I cannot even get the media files to load in Rush (desktop version 1.2.12). Here are the details:

Project icons indicates that the project is synced on device and on the cloud (Sync always turned on), but no media files have appeared in the designated desktop folder. If I open the project, the timeline is populated with red bars with exclamation point icons. Closed Rush on the iPad and signed out and back in to my Creative Cloud account several times: This didn't help.

Where are the media files that are (supposedly) fully synced to the cloud? I cannot find them in my cloud account project folders.

Hoping that there is an easy solution that I've overlooked so that I can avoid reconstructing the timeline from scratch in Premiere.

Thanks,

Felicia L

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Found a solution:
The Creative Cloud Desktop App needs to run in the background. Since I don´t need it for syncing lightroom etc., I had it closed all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felicia,

Thank you for reaching out. Ideally, media files should not get unlinked or offline if they have been synced with the creative cloud. Could you share more details so that we can troubleshoot the issue better?

• What kind of media files are you working with?
• Did you test on other project?

Additionally, please confirm if we're signing in to the same Creative Cloud ID where the media files synced.
You may refer to this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/project-syncing-premiere-rush.html

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

KRawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm working with .MP4 & .MOV files. There is only one possible Creative Cloud ID-- it has remained unchanged for many years.

Before posting to this forum, I did try the all of the suggestions in the link that you referenced. For this particular project (with a deadline), I ended up reconstructing the timeline in Premiere from scratch, but I will try again with some test projects and report back with my results.

Felicia Lovelett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem!

I started to edit a video in my galaxy S10 and wanted to continue on my surface book 2 with windows, but no media was loaded. No music, pictures or video. I tested to just upload a video in premiere from my S10 without editing and this time it actually showed up in Premiere on my windows laptop. But then I stared another project on my S10 with a little bit of editing, synced it and again: no media on my PC, just the smartphone.

The funny thing is: I did not have that problem in the "trial" version. But as soon as i purchased the full version, it all started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem! I'm editing something on my iPhone 14 (17.3.1), and it's not showing up on my iPad 7 (17.3.1). Do I need a creative cloud subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution:
The Creative Cloud Desktop App needs to run in the background. Since I don´t need it for syncing lightroom etc., I had it closed all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that this simple change solved your problem...unfortunately my Creative Cloud Desktop app runs in the background at all times on the affected computer. Hoping to find another fix that will allow me to use Rush for test editing of Premiere projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felicia!

I found an article that shows all the troubleshooting steps for sync related errors. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-rush/kb/troubleshoot-sync-issues-premiere-rush.html

I hope that helps. 

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I a,m editing on a destop computer, with a Thurnderbolt drive connected.  In the last 3 monthis I will be in the middle of an edit and all of the sudden my media goes off line!  I am using the latest version of PP, and prior to that I was using 2018...so it has happenned in both versions.

So I fix by saving and closing the project and re-opening then the files are there until it happens again. Hopeing it is not an issue with my drive? But thus far no issues outside of Adobe.  Been using Adobe for a long time...never had this issue, except of course when files have been moved. Not the case here.

I read throgh replies which states creative cloud app needs to be running...but think this is not relvant to my issue...not sharing with a tablet, phone, etc. Just a desktop.   Thanks, Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines