• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export to Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a video directly to Facebook (after landing on my facebook home page)  I get the following message:

"This account does not have access to a facebook page. Log in with an account associated with a facebook page to publish directly to Facebook."

Any help on where to look would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Hi Rick,

Due to recent changes in the way Facebook is working with third-party developers, direct upload of photos and videos from other businesses to Facebook personal pages is no longer supported.

From Facebook documentation:

The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

What OS are you using like an iOS or Windows?

I don't think Rush can export to Facebook on iOS for now and will redirect you to the Application again. This has already been reported and may get fixed in future updates.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Vinay. Glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong.

Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Due to recent changes in the way Facebook is working with third-party developers, direct upload of photos and videos from other businesses to Facebook personal pages is no longer supported.

From Facebook documentation:

The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved to request publish_actions can continue to do so until August 1, 2018. No further apps will be approved to use publish_actions via app review.

For now, you can save your video to locally to your system and upload to Facebook directly.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks PG, That's an easy work around. Appreciate the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not obtain upload ticket. Failed to get upload Session ID.

rush 1.0.4 Build 2

has the direct export from Rush been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

Facebook has not made any changes on their side yet to allow for direct uploads for personal accounts. The suggested steps above are still the recommended method. If you have a page (business) associated with your Facebook account you can perform a direct upload.

All the best,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me on this....

I know your not responsible for the marketing of the product, however I would appreciate sending this down or up the 'pipe'....

Would you agree that adobe marketing for Rush is aimed at social media users primarily? Aren't all the supplied video assets geared a non-business related activities in the Philippines? And the 'banner' graphic for the loading of Rush showing a female surfer not promoting a product or a service, but someone enjoying a personal activity?

Then you or whomever has the audacity to tell me "Oh it's only for 'business' accounts on Facebook you can directly publish." I may have missed something in the snorkeling assets, or maybe the pdf manual or maybe the online tutorials or online help where it says this, instead I waste time trying to figure out why it won't directly publish to facebook and Adobe knows of this caveat but deliberately ignores this and doesn't notify users in any way.

Shame, yes shame on you as a "staff member" if you didn't stand against marketing, or make a suggestion in the help manual about this, shame on the whole team for not saying something and shame on Adobe Marketing....all it wouldn't take was an asterisk and a little note mentioning this fact to save a lot of people time, frustration and grief. How hard would it be to add a note in the Share panel for Facebook and let people know this fact. No, we have to waste time searching on the web for an answer !

Disappointed in Minnesota.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why not remove this feature????????   I have wasted so much time!!!!!!!   This is 2020.   Do a fix and update instead of having old, outdated and unusable features on the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For real! 2021 now and I still got tricked by that stupid FB button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines