• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import XAVC MXF in Adobe Rush 1.5.12 (898)

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just began testing Adobe Rush as an option to manage media and create rough video cuts while traveling.  Footage comes from a Sony FS-5 and an A7R-II in XAVC and XAVC-S wrappers.  (The FS-5 footage comes in an MXF container).

I installed 1.5.12 on my iPad Pro and pulled the memory cards from the FS-5 and A7R-II to test imports.  I move the files to a folder on the iPad, Lauch Adobe Rush, and go to the Add Media / Import from Files.

I am able to import the A7R-II footage, but all of the files from the FS-5 (my main camera) just show the message "Hiding  incompatible files".  (see attached)

According to Adobe's "Supported Video Formats for Import", Sony wrappers, in XAVC, LongGOP, and XAVC-S should all be natively supported:

Sony cameras

You can import and edit media from the following cameras directly, without rewrapping or transcoding:

• Sony XDCAM
  • Sony XDCAM 50
  • Sony XAVC
  • Sony XAVC LongGOP (Group of Pictures)
  • Sony XAVC-S
  • Sony SStP

Is there some trick to importing XDCAM / XAVC footage?  Are others having this issue?  Thanks.

[Adobe Rush Version 1.5.12 (898) / iPad Pro 11" running iOS 13.5.1]

TOPICS
How to , Import , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information, though the challenge remains.  I installed Rush on my iMac in the office and tried doing the import from there.  From the Mac, importing footage from the FS-5 card directly (and syncing it to the cloud) worked fine, and once the cloud sync was complete, I was able to open and edit the footage on the iPad.  It appears that this import issue is limited to the mobile/iOS version.  Frustrating, as I thought the whole point of Rush was to be able to organize media and sketch out rough ideas from mobile.

Someone on an alternate forum was describing his process using the proxy file option from the FS-5 (it has dual card slots and can create an H.264/720p MP4 proxy whilst recording the XAVC main file). However, this requires a fair amount of file remapping once you move the project over to Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David - did you ever find a workaround for this?  Or indeed, did Adobe ever get back to you?  Having similar issues with footage (4k XAVC) from FS7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines