• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Premiere pro and Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I recently downloaded both premiere pro and premiere rush to see which one is better to start with my video editing skills. However, I wasn't even able to start anything since both the apps would go irresponsive in no time, and I'm using ROG Strix Scar III for the record and it's not even using the Nvidia GPU when it is running! How do I resolve this issue?

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gaming laptops are not necessarily the best systems for doing video editing. Gaming laptops are built primariy for speedy graphics.

That said, you've got plenty of processor power, so that's not such an issue. However, if you can't install either Rush or Pro, there's certainly something wrong at your end. First thing I'd do is ensure I have the latest drivers for processor and graphics card by going to the Intel and nVidia sites rather than trusting Windows to install the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can install Rush and Pro both but the problem starts when I run the application. It crashes just a couple of minutes after launching. I did check the drivers and they are all up-to-date. I don't understand why does the Rush or Pro application not use the GPU to run if they crash so often. I have in-fact manually set them to use the Nvidia GPU by default but it still doesn't use it that much and just goes unresponsive in a couple of minutes. I even have XD installed and had installed Photoshop too on a trial basis but neither of them crashed as these do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines