• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uploading to Facebook from Rush

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to upload a quick video i took on my phone to my facebook home page.  In rush their is a feature to upload to FB but it only allows you to post to pages you create not your actual own personal facebook page.  Can someone please fix this - very frustrating.

Thanks

Mick

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Hi mickc

Due to recent changes in the way Facebook is working with third-party developers, direct upload of photos and videos from other businesses to Facebook personal pages is no longer supported.

From Facebook documentation:

The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request

-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mickc

Due to recent changes in the way Facebook is working with third-party developers, direct upload of photos and videos from other businesses to Facebook personal pages is no longer supported.

From Facebook documentation:

The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved to request publish_actions can continue to do so until August 1, 2018. No further apps will be approved to use publish_actions via app review.

For now, you can save your video to locally to your system and upload to Facebook directly.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.. very strange but at least i have an answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is strange there? Facebook is revising a lot of their policies, making it more and more difficult to work with them in an automated or semi-automated way.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it's strange that Adobe doesn't make any mention that you can only post a video to a FB page and not o a personal page. Instead, they let people like the original poster and myself, go through the steps to connect to FB only to get the error message at the end. It's frustrating since many people only have a personal FB page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines