• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Premiere Rush on desktop

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to capture video using my desktop webcam. Premiere Rush seems designed for mobile devices. I can't even find a way to capture video from the desktop app.  Likewise Premiere Pro doesn't seem to offer that functionality. Does anyone know of a way it can be done from within the Adobe Suite?

TOPICS
Desktop version , Feature request , How to , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop systems have a different view of their environment compared to mobile devices. For desktops, you'll need to use an app that captures the camera stream (for example, an app that comes with the camera, or the OS built-in camera app, or something like Camtasia that captures camera input. Desktop applications like Rush and Premiere Pro are video editing programs, not video capturing programs.

Once you have the video file created, you can import it in the normal way to Rush (or to Premiere Pro, for that matter).

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL. Typical forum troll answer. So basically, that function is missing from the Adobe desktop suite.

As things stand, I capture in OBS and then go to PP and Audition to edit. Basically I'm trying to streamline and eliminate redundant steps. One would think that by now the PP devs would've added usb capture device recognition to the capture interface. Can't be that big a deal. I want to be able to work from within Adobe since that's what I'm paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines