• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video appearing Black preview / render

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed to Rush yesterday and did some short movie using iphone, airdropped to my m1 mac mini and some of the clips dont appear to playback or render properly as they are completely black. Audio comes through but no picture. 

Seen other posts and have tried uninstall, reinstall, turn sync on, turn sync off etc but randomly some of the clips appear to not work, which is very very frustrating.

As far as I can tell looking in the creative cloud files some clips the proxy is really small so I suspect this is being used for the preview and its failing randomly for some. I have been able to force a clip to work by renaming the file, putting into a new project and exporting it to mp4 then putting it back in the original one... but this is hard work and should be unneccessary.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for the screenshot. It helps. What happens when you turn off syncing? https://helpx.adobe.com/fi/premiere-rush/help/project-syncing-premiere-rush.html#:~:text=Syncing%20y....

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I turn syncing off then I can no longer see the project on the ipad... however the problem exists the same. I do think that the syncing is the issue as I see unusually small "proxy" files in the cc cloud. I gave up on the above project and started another one... same problem. Also tried the optimised clips menu item... now I cant get it to playback in the editor at all... all clips black 😞 filmed on iphone.

If I send the videos straight to the ipad and work there its ok on ipad... (but cant adjust the audio channels in ipad) ... start a project in desktop app on new project with the same files and we get black screen 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Desktop version when used on my M1 mac mini regularly plays back / exports with a black screen. Audio is there but export exports a black screen. Tried optimised clips and now playback is black screen and I cant get it back. Please help.

Also once clips are black sync to ipad they are also black.. so I cant export my projects 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines