• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Clip Sorting by Creation Date

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RUSH on my laptop.  In the New Project window when initially selecting clips I'm confused about how the video clips are being sorted.  I have about 200 clips in the folder that I'm trying to select from.  In the bottom left corner I have selected the sort button and chose "DATE CREATED" with the arrow pointing down as I want to view the oldest to the newest.  I expected that regardless of what I've renamed the clips, they should be sorted by the initial creation date but at this point I can't tell at all how they are being sorted.  I have toggled the arrow to point both UP and DOWN but neither properly sort the CREATION DATE of the clips.      

Would greatly appreciate some advice on what's happening here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Hi Tim - I was referring to the sort within Rush not at the operating system level. Do you use Bridge? If you've got Bridge installed you may want to take a look at the sorting and filtering capabilities. In Bridge you can add rating and implement your own sort criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only choices in the sort are by Name (alphabetically ascending/descending) and by media type... At this time there isn't any other way to sort assets. I've added feedback on the user voice page: sort and filter assets – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I need some further clarification on your response.  You mentioned that the two methods of sorting are Alphabetical and Media Type, however there doesn't appear to be a Media Type sort function.  The two methods are by NAME (alphabetical) and BY DATE.

I did some further investigating as to how exactly my files were being sorted when I click on BY DATE.  It seems they are being sorted by Windows idea of DATE CREATED opposed to DATE.   You can see the difference below, as the DATE is when I actually shot the video clips and DATE CREATED is when I transferred them to my computer.

Date Created 1.JPG

I'm not sure why they transferred in a different order than they were created, may have been me going through them one at a time and deciding which to transfer, however it would be much better and make things so much easier if the sort function was based on Windows DATE metadata.

As a bandaid fix for this issue, I renamed all my clips with a preceding a1, a2, a3, a4, b1, b3, b4, etc to have them sorted correctly by NAME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim - I was referring to the sort within Rush not at the operating system level. Do you use Bridge? If you've got Bridge installed you may want to take a look at the sorting and filtering capabilities. In Bridge you can add rating and implement your own sort criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does Rush integrate with Bridge?   If so, could you provide a KB link?    Otherwise, the only way to manage 'projects' in Rush seems to be date / filename sort.  And per Tim's research, the DATE value is not when the photo was taken, but when the OS assigned a date value at file transfer.    This is a pretty substantial  UX design fail.  Simpler Adobe products such as Premiere Essentials allow file tagging, search, etc.    I'll log detailed comments on the enhancement request log referenced above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines