Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Quality difference rendering with phone

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've been using my desktop to render videos and just tried making a video completely on my iphone 11.  I noticed the quality of the output is noticeably worse than when I used my PC.  I selected the same resolution (1080P) and match the frame rate of the source.  The resolution looks correct but you see a lot more grains during transitions or movement.  Is there a setting to change maybe the bitrate?  Or is this just one of the tradeoffs for using a phone..  Thanks

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export , Hardware or GPU , Mobile version , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have done the exercise and I do not see much change in the material, of course I am on an Android, not an iPhone, but the parameters to modify in Rush are not many.

Hopefully someone else with that device will help us. That is a good question.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for checking...i decided to verify on my ipad, just in case it was an iphone issue.  It's the same thing, the file ended up 1/3 the size of the computer version.  After uploading both to youtube and verifying both were at 1080p60 fps, I took a screen shot of the same timepoint.  It's much grainer from the ipad rendered version.  

Is this some sort of compression issue?  Also any plans to have options to improve the quality on mobile devices?  I would like to just use my phone or ipad on certain trips.  But if the quality is that much worse, I feel like I need to keep carrying my laptop.  

sample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines