• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos appearing squeezed on the preview and the timeline after update in Premiere Rush.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've just updated Premiere Rush to it's newest version, and all the videos in my current projects are appearing squeezed (see image below). If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, I would very much appreciate your help. Thank you.

Troy

Title edited by mod

Screenshot 2020-02-17 22.09.19.png

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

I had the same issue and found a fix, not sure if it will work for you as well.

View > Uncheck "Use Optimized Clips"

View > Preview Quality > Set to Low

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're on a Windows 10 computer.

What device created this video?

Open the original video clip in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text and paste it to this forum. Once we kow the specs of your video we can better advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

The video was filmed on a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone then imported and edited on a Windows 10 PC. Though the preview looks squeezed, once I export the footage, it appears normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush may need to resync to get the latest info for your media and update it's cache... Try logging out of Rush & Adobe CC completely (on all devices you use Rush is safest), and log back in again.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troy,

Thank you for reaching out. 

• Are you getting this issue with a specific project or it's random?
  • What happens when you close the Premiere Rush and re-launch it?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

I keep getting them on all my projects. Even the older ones that were fine are appearing the same way now. It does make editing a bit difficult as I'm looking at an image that is squashed rather than in the true aspect ratio. The good thing is once I export the file it all seems to appear perfectly normal.

Regards,

Troy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you try to sign out and sign in back to Creative Cloud and re-launch the Premiere Rush.

Let us know if it brings any change.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I'm new to Adobe Rush. I created a 5 minute movie for a presentation on my old imac. I've recently invested in a new more powerful imac - today i've gone into Rush to view the project and the entire timeline is horizonally condensed to the point that future changes seem almost impossible. Spent days on teh presentation so I hope that there is a fix! Cheers, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found a fix, not sure if it will work for you as well.

View > Uncheck "Use Optimized Clips"

View > Preview Quality > Set to Low

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! Thanks:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! that worked for me too Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue but on mobile. Wonder what the equivalent of these steps would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It worked for me on my Mac mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix for me was to do: Transform > Rotation > Set to .001 degrees. It instantly fixed it and placed it on 0 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines