• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos importing as blank green files in Rush on iPad

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm doing a project with students using Rush. It keeps crashing on their Windows machines, so I'm allowing them to use iPads as a backup. It's worked fine until today. I have a student who added his video files (MP4s) to the Creative Cloud file storage, then opened Rush on the iPad to add the files. The preview of the files looks normal, but when they are imported into a new project in Rush, they are just solid green (see attached image). Help! 20190506_134046.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I think your device made need an update. Could you check out this link for me?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are maintained and updated regularly by our technology staff, and these ipads are up to date. Rush is also updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HeatherN,

Wow, sorry about this. I would say that the issue likely has to do with the codec contained inside the .mp4 wrapper. It may be some variant that is not supported by Rush.

A workaround for situations like this requires that you "transcode" (rip) new files from a different application, then try importing them. The program a lot of people with format issues use is called "Handbrake." It's a free download. Try transcoding a short clip and see if it imports. If it does, transcode the other files to continue working in Rush.

The student's method of acquiring those files might be done differently next time. If it's streaming video of some kind, they often need transcoding. If it's a camera that created those files, check the settings to make sure they're compatible with Rush. The student might also try a different camera or shoot natively in Rush.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the new Android app released today.  All videos (taken from camera, as well as stuff downloaded from the internet are all green.  Either Rush doesn't support mainstream video codecs or the app isn't calling them correctly from the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kent,

Is your device listed as a supported device?

• Samsung Galaxy S10 and 10 Plus, and S10e
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 and 9 Plus
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9 and Note8
  • Google Pixel 3 and 3XL
  • Google Pixel 2 and 2XL
  • OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 7 Pro

Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Pixel 3 XL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed on my Galaxy 9 plus and on first look it seems to work pretty well. Still can’t figure out the ipad issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echoing this. On all my phones (Pixel 3XL, Pixel 2XL, Galaxy S10+) the video is green. I can "play" it and hear the audio, but video not so much. The ​same project synced to my desktop looks right. This also happens when importing the example clips.GOPR0110_1558536482055_high.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: even when using the in-App capture it shows as green files. Photos work, videos don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikka,

Sorry for the frustration. Can you try a hard restart of each device?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "hard-restart"?  Are you saying restart the device, or a hard reset and wipe off the device?

Restart.... Done - didn't help.

Hard reset...  No Way!   Don't need your software that bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I meant was to completely shut down the phone, not wipe it. Sorry that didn't work. I'll keep working on your issue. Apologize for the frustration.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice Even cleaning out Storage, restarting via ADB, and trying again did not do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikka,

Can you play video in other apps?

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can.

The steps in order:

• play file on the phone (Pixel 3 XL) -- works
  • import file into Rush -- green visual, audio OK
  • open project on the PC after sync -- works
  • add something (title) -- works
  • reopen file on the phone -- green, but title shows
  • try to export file -- "Unable to export, some error occured, please try again"
  • export file on windows (into file), upload to Google Photos -- works
  • open file on Phone -- works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello heathern26898880 mikka2061​ and kentdedman​

Sorry, you all are running into this issue. We appreciate all the information you have provided.

Would it be possible to provide a video file or files that is causing this issue? However, you want to share it is fine, Creative Cloud, Dropbox, etc. This will be used for testing purposes only.

Hoping to get a handle on this.  Lastly, it would also be helpful to know the exact OS version and Rush version installed (sorry if you mentioned it earlier but I didn't notice).

Thanks in advance,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to provide a video file or files that is causing this issue? However, you want to share it is fine, Creative Cloud, Dropbox, etc. This will be used for testing purposes only.

You already have them It happens with the example files that come with Rush as well as any other media.

I am running Android Pie, latest Patch, on the Pixel 3XL (which is the only one I've tested today and have no access to right now), running both the beta and the current Play Store version of Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather N,

Can you try a hard restart of your device? That has solved the issue for others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me on my iPad Pro 12" 2021 it's been restarted, I've tried transcoding, the file will play once and then parts of it will go green.

I suspect that it may have issues with caching or rendering playback with longer clips, 

Rush also crashes at startup if you don't have Internet access without error 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on the same device did you find the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the solution*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines