• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos Jitter and stutter while editing but not after exporting - ONLY STARTED AFTER LAST UPDATE

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Rush for about 6 months, have no little to no issues until I just updated to the newest version a week or so ago..

The video playback jitters so bad and it's as if it plays for a second then glitches back half a second and so on and so forth for the entire video. However, I experimented with rendering and exporting the video and it plays just fine and smooth. Before this update EVERY single video I've made on Rush (30+) have worked well with no big issues.

I've tried many things such as:

- uninstalling and reinstalling

- changing preview quality to low

- thought maybe it was a RAM issue due to new update so I closed all programs but Rush and it didn't work

I went as far as to purchase 32GB RAM (up from 16GB) to see if maybe that helps..

I've seen this issue on the threads before but there were different solutions for different cases and they have not worked for me (such as HEVC files but that issue does not apply to my scenario).

Any help is appreciated, thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Hey Caroline, I figured out the issue. I got a new soundcard and everything worked perfectly. I have no idea how a soundcard could prodfuce such an issue, but it happened and it now resolved. I'd take note of that for anyone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We're sorry for the playback issue.

• Could you share the media details you're working on (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)? Also, please provide system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)
  • Can you post a screenshot of the glitches you're having during playback?

Let us know. Happy to help.

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thanks for responding. I just saw this now so I apoligize for the delay.

Here's the link to a video I Took of the stuttering playback:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G4DBruCF69G94KAp6

Media Details: 1080p, 30fps

System Specs:

CPU: i7 7700

GPU: MSI GTX1060

RAM: 32GB

I ahve not changed anything on my computer in tersm of specs/hardware. This glitch began on it's own after I downloaded a recent adobe update. I've tried many differnet configs and still won't work. Most annoying is that even past videos that worked 100% fine are now doing the same thing when I revisit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks weird. Can try resetting the preferences of the program to restore its default setting. Press Alt key for long while launching the app, splash screen appears and releases until the dialogue box appears asking for resetting the preferences. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to bring up that screen. I just hold the Alt key for how long? I tried on home screen and project screen and nothing popped up. I was holding the Alt button for about 15 seconds. Am I missing a step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the image for reference. While launching the application hold Alt key for long until the message pop up.

Let me know if you're able to do this.

Kartika_0-1594420143667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes that I got it this time. I did it, reset the preferences but still nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Which device have you used to record the footage? Would you mind sharing it with us? I can test them at my system and update you.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were shot from multiple phone cameras:

- Oneplus 7T

- Google Pixel 3 and 4

- iPhone XS

Very typical phones. I don't see why the phone would be the issue because like I mentioned initially - all my older videos that worked no problem now have the same issue. For example, I shot something on the iPhone a year ago, edited it in Rush, it worked great, rendered and uploaded no problem. Now a year later I go back to these old videos and it's the same stutter issue no matter what file, no matter what phone I shot it on.

Same thing with the Oneplus 7T, I used it for probably 50 videos, they all edited on Rush no problem. Then a couple months ago I went back to finish editing the same videos (they've already been uplaoded and began editing on Rush) and the problem came up out of nowhere. I really don't think it has to do with the camera it was shot with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got your point. Could you try launching Rush Run as administrator and see that helps?

In addition to this, can you check if there's an update version available for your GPU driver? I wonder if it's related to GPU.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Run as Admin, didn't change anything. I was really hoping you'd be right about the GPU drivers cause I hadn't updated them since this issue began a couple months ago. I downloaded the newest studio drivers and it still didn't change anything....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CDiamond,

Thanks so much for running through these preliminary tests with Kartika! I know this is frustrating, I really appreciate your patience. We'll file an investigation with our engineers and have them look into the code – figure out what's happening behind the scenes. 

In the meantime, would you be willing to try a previous version of Rush to see if it will play back your footage properly? You can reinstall a previous version using the CC Desktop apps from the "All Apps" Section. Attached a screenshot to show you what I mean! 

Thanks again for all your help with this, both of you! 

Caroline

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 3.34.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for this. It sounded like it might actually work since this issue began after updating to a newer version... However I just downloaded every version from the current, down to Version 1.5.1 and still nothing changed. It's very weird and frustrating. I literally can't do my work lol.. I'm trying to think maybe something with my PC? I've even tried swpaping back to the old RAM and videocard and it still did the same stuff.

Also, I'm not sure if I should be talking to you about this or if it's a different department but I don't think I should be charged for the recent months that this hasn't been working. I've been charged the same amount yet nnot able to use the only program I actually need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Caroline, I figured out the issue. I got a new soundcard and everything worked perfectly. I have no idea how a soundcard could prodfuce such an issue, but it happened and it now resolved. I'd take note of that for anyone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same problem and it wont get fixed by itself.. even if rendering its the same jitters so bad.. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines