• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos recorded on iPhone 12 Pro won’t upload

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the bee iPhone 12 Pro and now when I try to import videos from my camera roll to a project in Premier Rush (mobile) I get an "unsupported media type" error message. I tried uploading videos I took prior to getting the new phone and they upload just fine. I am using the latest version of IOS and there are no updates needed for Premier Rush either.

TOPICS
Import , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Reposting - It seems some may have missed my previous post. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

We're sorry for this inconvenience. We're working as fast as we can to add support to the latest HDR format from Apple. For now, the solution is to disable HDR format in your device's Settings.

Open Settings > Camera > Record Video, then toggle off the switch next to "HDR Video."

You can follow the progress here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423/suggestions/41790415

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Hi all! 

There is a new version of Rush today that includes a number of great features including the ability to import your files from the iPhone 12. 

Enjoy! 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, hoping Adobe is working on a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completely uncomfortable. When I try to import a HDR video(4K, 60) shot on iPhone 12 pro to mobile Premier rush, it doesn't work normally. So I uproaded the video to mobile Creative Cloud and then tried to import it on mobile Premiere rush. Importing the vedio was possible. However, the color tone of the project had been murkily broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution for now. Iphone Settings > camera > formats > most compatible 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  But it doesn't apply to previous videos, only the new one's.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this too, and it worked if you do it beforehand, but I have ALOT of useless footage now that needs editing. Need to find a converter....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for a converter?! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed by Abode yet? Trying to use video filmed on iPhone12 to make a video? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue still persists. Just ran into the same issue on my iPhone12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  It's completely unacceptable and absolutely ridiculous that Adobe was caught off guard with this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're sorry for this inconvenience. We're working as fast as we can to add support to the latest HDR format from Apple. For now, the solution is to disable HDR format in your device's Settings.

Open Settings > Camera > Record Video, then toggle off the switch next to "HDR Video."

Thank you,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I just passed it onto my computer and it worked there but will not open it on my phone 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't use my iPhone 12 Pro to make videos until there's a fix. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can. Not being able to use one App on your phone is NOT Restricting you from taking Videos with that phone.

There are settings on the phone, in the system that actually records the video you want to take to the phones storage space, for the Format of the video file and more than likely an Apple App to View the videos you might take with it and hopefully in any format it was recorded in.

If Not then post this question over on the Apple support forum for Why Not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting - It seems some may have missed my previous post. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

Thank you,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

****no****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for helping with a "work around", but this is not a solution - it literally disables the main feature for purchasing an iPhone 12 pro.  We pay good money for the Adobe app to work as it should. Apple's new HDR format has been out for a month to the public, and I cannot imagine that Adobe didn't get it before (or at least when) the public did. 

Please actually resolve the issue or refund us the money for this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is NOT solved.  A workaround denying the use premium video, is NOT a solution.  Really really sad to see especially after Adobe put so much behind promoting Premiere Rush at Adobe MAX.  Shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of you have to use that Adobe Program to view or edit whatever video you take with your iP 12. Certainly Apple has some type of software for that purpose. Use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother using Adobe Products.  Got it. Hear you loud and clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a solution, it's a band aid at best. Do better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

There is a new version of Rush today that includes a number of great features including the ability to import your files from the iPhone 12. 

Enjoy! 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 👏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I missed this answer elsewhere, but I'm running into the same problem with Premiere Elements. I can't use videos shot on iPhone 12 Pro Max. Is there a solution for this? Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the app today and I'm still getting this error message with photos that I have downloaded from dropbox or SmugMug to my phone. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines