• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Section - "Use Optimized Clips" Explanation?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in premiere rush on Windows 10 computer and I was trying to figure out how the "use optimized clips" selection in view menu actually works.  Through my research on-line I couldn't get a clear answer.  If I import my files from a desktop to rush on that same desktop it seems rush automatically starts "generating optimized clips" even if I am not connected to the internet.  Why is it doing this?  I do not have "use optimized clips" selected.  Does it just automatically do this always as a default?  It is taking a very long time (I imported around 25 gb worth of footage).  I wish it would stop so I could just edit, editing while it is doing this is hard because the CPU is running overtime.  It works but it is slow and not easy to work with.  On a separate but related note, if I clip on the "use optimized clips" button on my desktop is the idea that once all the "generating optimized clips" is done that I could then edit using this optimized clips and it will be less cumbersome on my computer while editing?

Last question, where do these optimized clips actually go?  Are they taking up extra space on my hard drive?  Is there any benefit to editing with "use optimized clips" off or is it always better to edit with "use optimized clips" on so that you can work faster?  Is there any down side?  Thank you so much for your help and info, sorry about so many questions in one post, I just couldn't find any good answers to this and I wanted to learn how this is working on my computer etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Hi joeclf8​

Good questions! You already seem to have a good understanding of what "Optimized Clips" clips are for, but I'll also give you a little more detail.

"Optimized Clips" are automatically generated when you create a new "Synced" project on Mac or Windows computer. A copy or proxy of the media is uploaded to Creative Cloud, which allows you to open that project on any device.

Note that Optimized Clips are only generated when you have "Sync with Creative Cloud enabled. Local projects do not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joeclf8​

Good questions! You already seem to have a good understanding of what "Optimized Clips" clips are for, but I'll also give you a little more detail.

"Optimized Clips" are automatically generated when you create a new "Synced" project on Mac or Windows computer. A copy or proxy of the media is uploaded to Creative Cloud, which allows you to open that project on any device.

Note that Optimized Clips are only generated when you have "Sync with Creative Cloud enabled. Local projects do not generate Optimized Clips.

There are two reasons why Optimized Clips are helpful:

1. As mentioned above, this is the only way to be able to open the same project on another device (Mac, Win, iOS, or Android).

2. If you have a low powered computer, the Optimized Clips are much more performant. Enabling "Use Optimized Clips" will allow you to edit without slowdowns if needed.

The downside to using "Optimized Clips" is it does take up hard drive space.

So it really depends on your needs. I hope this helps!

Best,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE is the "Use Optimized Clips" setting- I see everyone saying to just turn it off to get away from the audio "buzz" distortion isssue- but no actual instructions as to where this setting is located. I'm very new to Rush, using it on my PC desktop. Thanks- Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind... FOUND IT. LOL. If it had been a snake... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is under the View menu, 2nd option from the bottom 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not it's not. I need to know where it's located. Please actually show us where it's located. I don't want to miss my deadline today because of distorted audio!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad I figured it out. I'd delete my previous post, but it won't let me lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines