Highlighted

Washed Out Colors After Export in Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm new Rush but not to video editing (I've previously worked with Premiere Pro and other video editing software). I cannot fathom out why all my exports are faded and VERY washed out – nothing like what I saw on the screen while editing them. I'm working on an 18-month-old, top-of-the-range iMac. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

TOPICS
Desktop version, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Washed Out Colors After Export in Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm new Rush but not to video editing (I've previously worked with Premiere Pro and other video editing software). I cannot fathom out why all my exports are faded and VERY washed out – nothing like what I saw on the screen while editing them. I'm working on an 18-month-old, top-of-the-range iMac. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

TOPICS
Desktop version, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide photos/screenshots of the results?

My [limited] understanding of it is that it may have something to do with display color management (sRGB, gamma settings, etc.)... 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/quot-why-does-my-footage-look-darker-in-premiere-quot-co...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite sure you are correct on this, anissa. Let me raise the issue with the team.

Thanks.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses. I have an update. I spent nearly three hours with an Adobe Customer Service technician this morning, without the problem being fixed, and the issue has been escalated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else faces the same problem I can now add to my previous post. After a month or so of back and forth the cause of the issue was finally revealed. My normal work flow is to save my clips in .mov and then view them in QuickTime (pretty standard on a Mac) but Rush unfortunately provides no other option than to save in .mp4 and .mp4 is not really 'compatible' with QuickTime. When viewed in some other media players – or even other video-editing software – the exported clips did not look washed out. Nevertheless, I have no wish to change my workflow so I hope Adobe provides Rush with the option to export in .mov in its next update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0