• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the exclamation point mean?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a red screen with an exclamation point in the middle of it when I open a project on my mac desktop after filming on my iPhone. The red screen goes away after a few days, so I am wondering if this is an upload speed issue, or something else. I am not a video person and this is my first attempt at doing anything like this, so I may be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to find any instructions or tips that address the problem.

Specs:

iPhone X, ios12.0.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.50.41 AM.png

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hi WolfyGirl,

Sorry for the trouble here.

These red frames represent the missing media from the Rush project. This seems strange that it's taking so long to connect to media in your case.The only issue I can think of is the unavailability of media on the cloud.

We upload the media to Cloud while creating synced projects from mobile devices and the same media gets linked in Rush project when open on other devices(iMac in your case). Generally this process is instantaneous as long as media was succe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WolfyGirl,

Sorry for the trouble here.

These red frames represent the missing media from the Rush project. This seems strange that it's taking so long to connect to media in your case.The only issue I can think of is the unavailability of media on the cloud.

We upload the media to Cloud while creating synced projects from mobile devices and the same media gets linked in Rush project when open on other devices(iMac in your case). Generally this process is instantaneous as long as media was successfully uploaded on the cloud.

Can you try verifying Adobe Creative Cloud  location(can access from Creative Cloud App on your Desktop too -->Assets --> Files--> View on web) if the media is present there when you see these red frame in your Rush project ? If not, this will mean media was not uploaded to cloud from your iPhone properly. (fast internet might help to do it quick, until there is some other issue that we will have to figure out)

Moreover, you can also right click on these red frame in Timeline area on Desktop and try relinking to any media file.

Hope this resolve your concern.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here Premiere Rush: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Keep highlighting your doubts. !

Glad to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have wifi in my location, so I have to rely on the cellular data, which does not seem to work well, if at all. I had to delete my project, then upload the raw files to my desktop, via air drop, and recreate the project. I think it's because the phone's network (Verizon) is unreliable and uploads to the cloud are slow and sometimes don't happen for days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

You won't need to delete the project, but simply relink the media on desktop through 'Find and Connect' option on Timeline/Project Panel.

Relink.png

I Hope this will help.

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try "find and connect" the files for the videos I'm trying to add are not there. Its been 24 hours. I DO see files from the last time I uploaded on my phone, they are working just fine. Should I delete and try again? thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I will try this but even videos from last year, which should have been in the cloud is given the same problem/

Will report back.

Thank you

Tee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, YOu seem switched on. Im curious. I load, thencomplete a simple project, export it to my Mac desktop and save it. It is saved, the opens and plays in  quicktime. If I return to Rush its all red screens and exclamation marks. I choose not to load anything to 'the cloud'. How do I overcome this inability to make changes to an existing project? Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same red screen.  I went into Adobe Creative Cloud it was not completely set up.  This solved the issue.  Appently my iPhone was syncing this videos with my iMac through iCloud and not Creative Cloud, and that does not work apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this too. WHILE my video was exporting/saving/sharing to a file, I thought "I would change the folder name of the original videos" since I had already imported them to the project. THAT was my error. Once I changed the name back of the folder, I saw my videos come back to me and the red (!) disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar in that I have a blank red screen, but there's no exclamation mark. It's just plain red. I have my .mov file saved on GoogleDrive, not the cloud. I even tried saving it to my desktop and got the same results. Any thoughts on why it's not loading? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer on a different page. It worked perfectly. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush/red-screen-issue/m-p/10241356

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also discovered that this will happen if you rename any media after uploading it into rush. You will have to change the content back to the original name on your PC in order for rush to find the media.... a little depressing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines