• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the text options (desktop version)?

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a new user with a very basic question. I want to add titles to some clips.

When I click the blue + sign, then click the "T" icon, I expected to see an editable text box, like I've seen in the instructional videos.

Instead, I just get an empty column with nothing to select. Do I need to locate and install a template before any options appear? (I am using version 1.5.58.)

McCready1982_0-1622656245300.png

McCready1982_1-1622656261962.png

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have the same problem.  If you fixed it, could you tell me how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, still no luck. If I find a solution, I'll post it here.

It seems like something very basic is missing or hidden for this version of the application. I hope someone can answer this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Sorry for the trouble. A few things to check out 

1. Do you have any antivirus software installed on your computer? If so, can you try to disable it to see if the graphics load properly?

2. You can try signing out and back into Rush 

1. Close Rush and all Adobe apps.
  2. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop app and sign out.
  3. Sign back into the Creative Cloud Desktop app and re-launch Rush.

If that does not help, can you try to go to https://stock.adobe.com/ and download a title for Rush from there? Does it show up in the Saved folder? 

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, 

Thank you for your response. I tried the first and second options, with no result.

Under "Saved," I found six basic templates (thanks for pointing me to that location, I didn't know about it). Some of them work (an editable text box appears when you double-click).

Others just show a logo and no text box, so apparently they can't be edited.

But this is better than nothing.

For the benefit of defaultkclw4qqeqqnb and others, here's where to find "Saved."

McCready1982_0-1623166750200.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding the same, it looks like Adobe have removed the capacity to generate your own text and now you need to rely either on the overlays and titles supplied under the graphics option, or any templates you've added via subscription in the Saved area...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, seems that they had that function previously (I although saw it on the video tutorials) and somehow removed it - realyy anoying... all the grafics are a waste of time for that what I need 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines