• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which IPad Pro? Storage & size

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I’m finally going to drop the dough on an iPad Pro. I have been using CC on my MacBook Pro and am using Premiere and Photoshop primarily, mainly to put together creative shorts for Instagram (I’m primarily an audio producer, but I pair audio with visuals for promo stuff).  My Premiere skills are beginner plus, pretty rudimentary, but slowly and surely I’m getting better.  And I’d like to be able to some basic illustration and wording on images to jazz up my visuals. I don’t really draw tho ... so this would not be extensive. And maybe I’ll suck at it! Who knows.

So my questions are ... if I plan to use Premiere Rush and the other CC apps on my iPad Pro ... would you sport for the 12.9?  I’m a little reluctant to do this because I find myself grabbing for my iPhone alot more than my current ancient iPad air 2 ... prob due to convenience (and def due to $$$$$). But everything I’m seeing is saying GET THE SCREEN SPACE.

Also ... storage. Yikes. Right now on my phone I have almost 256 GB in photos alone because I don’t store remotely.  I could, but I do have some lag sometimes due a shit rural internet connection.  This tells me that I probably should go 512 ... BUT ... Am I really that impatient that I can’t wait for some photos to download? Hmmm.

What think all of you? I mean, I could get this thing and hate drawing on visuals and use it that way like twice a year! Or maybe never!  Or hate editing on it!

What would you recommend, wise ones?

Moderator warning: Please do not use profanity. It is against Adobe Community guidelines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Premiere Rush you'd be best to store remotely as you can then easily jump between the iPad and the desktop version so storage size wouldn't be an issue in that regard.

Ultimately get the best/biggest you can afford and if you want to look at saving money look into refurbished iPads, Apple has a page of them, they are cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm curious then - under what circumstances is it best NOT to store remotely - in other words, why would you need additional GB in these cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two reasons which quickly come to mind.

If you're off grid and likely to have trouble connecting for extended periods of time you'd need additional storage space.
If you don't want to rely on external storage you'd need additional storage space even if it's just as a back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new to this thread but curious if both of you have had success with using both illustrator and photoshop on an iPad Pro?  We recently purchased a Wacom Cintiq Pro and are returning due to the setup required.  Can't believe how many cables are necessary but additionally that you are tied to cables and a machine.  The iPad Pro is intriguing so that you can be mobile and still be able to design.  would love your insights on your experience with those applications running on the latest iPad Pro & Pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop for iPad is still in beta testing so it's hard to get a solid answer for that one.

At present as far as I know there isn't an Illustrator option for iPad.
I've used Sketch, Mix, Fix and PS Express and they all seem to do what they're supposed to fairly easily.

From the Illustrator perspective Adobe has Adobe Draw. I'm not a big fan of that one as their pen tool does not really work like the pen tool in the full Illustrator version. What I mean by that is you aren't creating and connecting points, you're just drawing a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Illustrator for Ipad will be coming in 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines