• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premier Rush keep crashing?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premier Rush and it keeps freezing up and not responding when I try to edit videos -- why is this happening and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

I might have a solution: please let Premier Rush to full sync your existing projects, just wait 10-15 min depens of you internet and exiting projects then try to work.... I was able to use it now is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Hi Community,

The post has become a dumping ground for generic crashing issues. Locking. Please create a new post with details about your computer (or mobile device) and the media you are editing with.

The general advice for hardware is that after you have inspected system requirements, (to see if your mobile device is listed as supported, or that your computer is powerful enough), make sure you have updated the app, the OS.

If you have codec issues, and cannot import the media, or if the m

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem this is starting to become a headache. I have a mid-tier pc and yet its almost as if im running this on an obsolete brick. Any fixes yet?

Specs: 

Ryzen 7 3700x

GTx 1650 super

16 gb Corsair Vengance LPX RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too on a brand new iPad Pro. In an ironic twist it asked me to review the app. I normally don't but this time I'm like, 'I waisted so much time restarting this app I'm filing a negative review.' Gave it 1-star and went to enter the text...the app crashed...surprised? Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured I would add my name to this. I had to update my MacOS just to get it to work and now it crashes every time I try to do anyting. I am guessing there still isnt a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can't edit somthing... and I have Crsair 4.0 M2 SSD, 32 GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT with AMD Radeon RX5600 video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting ridiculous. I was so happy to see the release of Rush compatible to Samsung S20 after nearly a year of waiting for it's release.  Then the app continues to crash.  I stopped trying to do any edits in my phone and only upload video/images so I could grab them from my PC.  Well, now Rush released an update and ever since I installed that update my Rush on the PC continues to crash.  It is getting out of hand.  I mean I'm not even doing any heavy lifting edits, just cutting up the video and after every cut it freezes and crashes.  I pay way too much money for this to be happening and it's getting beyond frustrating.  this is not a "my computer doesn't have enough power thing" this is an ADOBE SOFTWARE problem and they need to get on this fast - looking at the number of folks having this issue it is clearly not on us the consumer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps crashing on me as well!  I can't even get my Premiere Pro to run smoothly on my PC all of a sudden so I switched to Rush.  I'm running Rush on a new iPad Pro and it keeps kicking me out.  This is very frustrating!  I'm about to switch back to iMovie!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it's good to know it isn't just me. So frustrated with the constant crashing on my brand new laptop... I can't edit at all. And then when I actually WANT it to crash because it is FROZEN - it won't!!! This is wasting SO much of my time. What a joke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a solution: please let Premier Rush to full sync your existing projects, just wait 10-15 min depens of you internet and exiting projects then try to work.... I was able to use it now is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll give that another try but I definitely have let it sit to sync. Will try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This program is terrible. I am suprised that hey do not care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this might help anyone. I had the crashing issue while exporting with premiere rush. So (quite frustrated) I tried to open the rush project using premiere pro instead, and it complained it couldn't find the files (I was working on it on my pc and I just deleted pics/audio once uploaded in rush). So I restored the files, open again rush and after a long and painful wait it finally exported my video successfully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Am running Rush on a MacBook Pro / Catalina, and it crashed systematically everyt ime I tried to export a 5 min video to YouTube. Finally just imported a computer-saved mp4 from YouTube to get it up there. Just didn't have any more time to devote to making it happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum system requirements are understated. Rush apparently will not operate on a system with less than 16 Gig of RAM and a solid state drive of at least 500 Gig of available storage. That is the information that the Adobe techs have supplied me when I asked the same question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. What should have been an hour editing process has turned into a multiple-day battle as it routinely crashes every few minutes. I'm having better luck with it on my iPad, but it's much easier to edit text & graphics on the PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...we will never get a solution here, adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it. I am having the same issue. Could not even get a single 5-second video exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to shot crashing when you screen record on iOS. (I'm on iPad Pro 11")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait 15 minutes? Seriously? It's called Rush

Adobe, can you just fix your software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this for quite sometime before I stumbled upon the fix. Priemere Rush would freeze up or crash and I kept having to reboot the program. I then realized my C drive was getting pretty full and there was simply less dancing room for the program to  properly operate.  I deleted a bunch of old video inside Premiere and now it works like a charm. Try deleting old videos or transfer them to a storage drive. I really had no need to keep old projects once I uploaded videos to YouTube. I do, however, keep all old source video on an external drive. Hope it works for you! Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm having the same problem - I have a paid membership!!! Rush keeps crashing whenever I start editing a video on a Lenovo laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz, 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable), Windows 11 Home. I'm trying to contact customer service, and it's getting frustrating. Cheers! : /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sick of this useless software. The original version was good, but ever since Adobe joined the rest of silicon valley with their SaaS model, it crashes all the time. I am running one of the latest 16Gb Lenovo laptops with all the candy, and this software freezes every two seconds. If any actual Adobe staff read these forums, do your whole company a favour (who knows, it might save your job) and send this feedback straight to your CEO, Shantanu Narayen. No wonder the Adobe stock price keeps dropping. A service model actually requires service. As soon as I can get my last project finished (probably going to take another month at this rate), I am uninstalling the entire software package and switching to something decent. I used to defend Adobe to industry colleagues, but this is a dead horse. Charging people a monthly fee for software they actually want to use is not the same as flogging gym memberships to weight watchers members; some of us use this software to create an income! Thanks for making my decision for me Adobe. This company reminds me of Kodak. Once a global leader (it too had annual revenue of $16B) it didn't keep up with the needs of the market and became obsolete. At least I now know to start shorting Adobe stock and recoup some of my monthly fees. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread out of frustration.  Apparently it is the norm for Rush.  So burned out of this crashing over and over again and even worse now with my new GoPro 10 footage.  I thought Adobe was a reputable name, this is a complete joke of a program and stupidly frusterating to deal with even in editing the basic of videos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It use to work but it freezes and crashes everytime. Totally wasting my time with this Bullsheet 😒 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Rush, Premiere Pro and After Effects professionaly but I'm getting frustrated with the arrogance of Adobe to not adress and fix it's performance issues. I am more and more leaning toward learning and purchasing different software (any tips?) The price to performance ratio is just terrible. I'm currently trying to go through 3 hours of iPhone footage for a client. A total of 27gb, 400 clips, full hd, 30 fps. My pc is a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core with 32gb of RAM and geared with a beefy RTX2080-TI.

Still, Adobe Rush keeps crashing at random. Either at scrubbing through the footage or after 1 minute of inactivity. Please Adobe fix this! I'm certainly not the only one experiencing this, according to all the topics and answers to this topic I find online.

Greetings from a very unsatisfied customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines