• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premier Rush keep crashing?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premier Rush and it keeps freezing up and not responding when I try to edit videos -- why is this happening and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

I might have a solution: please let Premier Rush to full sync your existing projects, just wait 10-15 min depens of you internet and exiting projects then try to work.... I was able to use it now is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Hi Community,

The post has become a dumping ground for generic crashing issues. Locking. Please create a new post with details about your computer (or mobile device) and the media you are editing with.

The general advice for hardware is that after you have inspected system requirements, (to see if your mobile device is listed as supported, or that your computer is powerful enough), make sure you have updated the app, the OS.

If you have codec issues, and cannot import the media, or if the m

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Tried reinstalling older versions. Upgrading and downgrading graphics etc etc etc. Really frustrating. I was really happy with Rush for 4-5 months but now it's a waste of time and money. I am days away from cancelling my subscription and switching to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it's working for you now, Barry! I'm not sure what changed, but it's finally working. I was able to use it today. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. The program keeps crashing every minute, this is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been happening to me for about a week now and I was so close to finishing my project when it happened. As soon as I finish this video I am unsubscribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used it for this uni assignment that was due last night. I cannot export it at all, the lecturer has at least given me an extension but I've tried on 6 different devices to export my video and it keeps crashing. This is ridiculous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making lots and lots of videos with Rush since we've been working remotely--about 40 in total. I'm using an iMac running OS 10.15. I noticed since the latest update that every time I try to use Rush it crashes as well. I can open the program, go to a project, but once I try to do something in that project like add a title or move a clip, the app crashes. I've got about 10 more videos to create for a work project and would like them to have the same titles and look. But I'm going to have to switch over to iMovie or another app that I can rely on.

I like the simplicity of Rush--particularly when farming out tasks to student workers and that it isn't Mac or PC dependent. But I simply can't work with a software that breaks down in this manner. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I can at least edit the videos in rush, but as soon as I try to hit the "Share" button to export, the entire program crashes. Not only that, but Adobe Rush and Premiere Pro have the side effect of causing my speakers to hum with a continuous high pitched note that makes editing extremely difficult.

Also, I'd like to know why it is that no one from adobe support is actually replying to anyone's questions. What are we leaving comments for if no one is going to respond???

If I can't get this fixed, I'll be purchasing elswhere! I've always used the adobe suites, but I am horribly dissapointed in their support of late! Time to be looking for another provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I have heard zilch from Adobe and cannot verify the validity of this statement, I do think I found the solution. I went through and deleted all of my projects from the program (they were already saved in the cloud) and that seemed to stop the crashing (for now). LMK if you have success too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the experience of, starting on 6/4/20, Rush freezes as soon as I try to export a project. (It does seem to let me do all the editing, just won't save them.) The night it first happened two days ago I checked and saw the software was due for an update, so I ran that. I also cleared space on my hard drive, which had been down to 12 G and is now up to 32 available. (the file I am trying to save is about 500 Mb). Seeing your post, I deleted all projects saved in the program and restarted my PC. It is still freezing as soon as I click on "Share". I'm running it on a Dell 3.20 Gz 64bit system with 8.00 GB installed RAM. It worked just fine until 6/4/20. Rush and Firefox (to post this comment) are the only programs I am running. Anybody know how to get the attention of Adobe on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, mine kept not responding and started crashing. Got to the point that it crashed a few seconds after I opened it. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Installing previous versions also didn't work.
Found out I just had to go to the appdata and clear up the cache (I had a 1000+ cache files in there wow) and that seems to have done the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MacBook Air 2020, i5, 8Gb. And Rush crashed! Then I tried it on the old Macbook Pro from 2012, i7 Quadcore, 16Gb of my wife - and this worked perfect... It seems a performance issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is literally the same issue I'm having. It worked fine on my old Macbook Pro but when I switched to Air, it keeps crashing on me. The advice I got from Adobe was to go to Activity Monitor and close all the Adobe related apps, before restarting again. But if I have to do this EACH TIME I want to use Rush, it's really not worth it at all. I think I'm going to switch to a different editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - but when I try to render videos.  Was able to do this last weekend, now, nothing works when I go to share the video.

Tom Bilbo _____________________________________________ Personal Pronouns: he/ him / his Windows 10 | HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15 | Intel i7 @ 1.80GHZ | 16 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spend 6 hours battling Adobe Rush. Tried to render 6 minute video. I tried on my Macbook, iPad and iPhone. Same result - software just keep crashing. It is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try turnung off the cloud sync , it fixed the issue for me , I think it the creative cloud process that messes up the Rush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thank you! I was at my wit's end, ready to throw my computer out the window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, spoke too soon. Can only work on it for about a minute or so before it crashes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my brand new IPad Pro 4genation.  I can't edited titles and select the titles to move. I'm very frustrated Because the freezing the keeps getting worse and I'm not able to post videos on time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I use a Macbook Pro complete updated. After four crashes and my computer freezing, my project disapeared. 4 hours of work in one project vanished. Reading conversations, seems like no one has a decent response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Rush crushed my iMac!!!!!!!

My iMac was freezed when using Premier Rush to edit video.

Suddenly, my screen was blackened (it was still running with sounds). 

After I rebooted it, It took me into reboot loop.

Please tell me how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a teacher working from home due to Covid and Rush is everything I need to edit screen recordings and short videos taken with a Sony Ar3 on my 2015 Macbook Pro with 16gigs of RAM running 10.14.6......EXCEPT... IT IS PAINFULLY SLOW!!!!  Laggy, crashes, playback often doesn't work.  I have it set to NOT sync with the cloud. I am trying Beta and the regular version.  This app is just painful because I want to like it, but a simple 10 minute video containing 3 clips, text intro and fades takes me an hour to put together, plus rendering time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading this thread, losing three days worth of work, trying every suggestion from these comments, and seeing Adobe's complete lack of response, I offer this: After reassembling my entire video from scratch 😭, I left out all pan & zoom transitions used on photos. I think the pan & zoom transition is not ready for mobile devices yet. I was then able to export from iPad again. I used photos, titles, and one 4k video clip and Rush exported as flawlessly as it should. I will sync after I finish the project for fear Adobe's Cloud may also be part of the problem. When I finish, I will cancel my subscription and use more reliable editing software. You used to be my favorite Adobe. What happened!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I think! Never had problems like this before. Pan and zoom kills the file instantly!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jag har samma problem. Den bara fryser, hänger sig och står still - kommer ingen vart!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines