• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premiere Rush export in higher exposure?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that each time I export a video, it turns up the exposure quite a lot. Recently, I was editing a video that was red-themed - everyone wore red - but at the end after a couple of exports the colors ended up looking orange. Is there some setting I can change or is the app just like this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Hi @cindyl615,

Sorry about this. If this is an iPhone, you may want to turn off the HDR feature in Camera Settings. Otherwise, you can also try some of the color correction tools. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason this should happen. The program doesn't change any settings unless you ask it to.

What is the format of your original footage and what device was it recorded with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I am using an iPhone 13 pro and using rush app on phone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue I use iPhone14 all the clips are the same format and the annoying part is that some of the clips of the video have this filter like quality and some of them don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this problem fixed? I'm having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by tweaking intensity-setting just a couple of percentage points. I hadn't done any other color correction before that so perhaps the bug does not manifest when you have actually done some color correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and this worked perfectly. Just tweaked the clips that were too exposed after exporting to 97 intensity in the color settings. Worked like a charm, thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying as can be, but this actually helps. Thanks for the trick!! I hope Adobe fixes it for us, so we don't have to export videos several times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Thank youu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not fixed but I did find a workaround. If I export the file to "720px Match Framerate" it comes out just fine for me without the overexposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The video is overexposed at the final stages of export. First the thumbnail in export window looks just right. I'm using iPhone SE (2nd gen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the exact same issue - all footage looks perfect when previewed in the timeline, but as soon as it is exported some of the clips are so over exposed and look washed out!  Did changing the exposure/contrast fix this completely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the intensity setting did for me. Could possibly work with other settings, toi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Set intensity to 0. 

Problem fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cindyl615,

Sorry about this. If this is an iPhone, you may want to turn off the HDR feature in Camera Settings. Otherwise, you can also try some of the color correction tools. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't need to turn HDR off. Just set sensitivity to 0 for the clip or clips and it exports the video in the original exposure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I have the same problem...but I'm not sure how to set the sensitivity to "0". I'm shooting and editing on iPhone using Premiere Rush.  Shooting in 4K at 24fps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where is the sensitivy setting? thank you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines