• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2015 version of project still getting prompt to convert, w/ TFS connection

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a project with RH 2015 owned by another team through TFS, but it is saying I need to upgrade the project version. However, I know it is already converted because the team updated some files just last month, and because I opened it with RH 10 and it says it has been upgraded so I can't use RH 10 on it.

I would go ahead and upgrade the project "again", but the other (10-time-zone-away) team has locks on some of the files and the locks are blocking the upgrade. I rebooted my PC and no change.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe there was more than one service release for version 10. Perhaps there were say, three of them. You might then see version 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3.

So it's quite possible that you perhaps updated RoboHelp to the most recent and the version would be at 10.3 and the others might be stuck at base version 10 or 10.1 or 10.2.

Are you able to do a "get most recent version" from the TFS? If so, you could download it to your PC to a different folder, then remove this copy from TFS control, update what you need, then just copy the updated files into the version you are having trouble with.

Click here to see the process for removing from version control.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also recommend that the first time you open a project in a new version, you manually check out the whole project before opening it. This will make sure that RH can modify every file it needs to - while it *should* check out all the files it needs, sometimes it doesn't seem to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp