• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A couple issues....HTML not wrapping? Alphabetical List not aligning?

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 2017 and 2019

How does one put constraints on a RoboHelp topic for the HTML Text <normal style> to wrap at 8.5 inches without putting it in table. 

I create a new project, and added a first topic. As I type the text keps going on without wrapping. Is there a code that can be added to topic in Design mode for the HTML to wrap?  

The outher issue I have is....I want to create an alphattical list in a table, in the format:

a).abcabcabc

b). abcabcabc

c). etc.

I tried creating a milti-level list style, but the text does not wrap, it displays as...

a). Do you want some

coffee?

The text string displaying coffee, is part of a.)  and should align as follows, but it doesn't and I find no setting in style>edit, to align it.

a). Do you want some 
     coffee?

Thanks in advance. Assistance is apperciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2019 are you using Classic or New UI?

What output? What skin?

For the first issue, is this in the Robohelp topic editor or in the output?

For the second issue, is this a list in a single table cell or a "list" based on multiple rows in a table? A screenshot might help us suggest something in this case too.

Please use the Insert Photos icon to insert your screenshots as there is a bug with the forum with attachments, plus it's easier to assist when the screenshot is inline with the text rather than a separate attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Please find below answer to your questions;

1. For 2019 are you using Classic or New UI?
    2019 Classic

2. What output? What skin?
    I haven't created output yet, I don't think it would matter as this is in the HTML editor, but I am using the default skin.

3. For the first issue, is this in the Robohelp topic editor or in the output?
    In the editor

4. For the second issue, is this a list in a single table cell or a "list" based on multiple rows in a table? A screenshot might help us suggest something in this case too.

Single table cell...but the alignment should work no matter on how many cells one would have, I think.
    Sceenshot attached. Not only is the sample text not aligning..it is also not starting at a). and going to the Bullets and Numbering to start a is not an option

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the following to create the Multi-Level list (please see attached)

multi-level_alphaStyle.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the first issue, switch to the Edit tab and make sure the View > Zoom dropdown list shows 100%. That's the most common reason for the text not "wrapping" (it makes the whole page bigger, not just the text within the editor frame, so it looks like it scrolls off the page.)

For the second, I'm by no means an expert (I've never used them for a project), but I think you need to set the hanging indent on the linked paragraph style. It's possible Peter Grainge's site covers multi-level lists in more detail, so do check it out as the information is likely to be more accurate than me on this topic. 🙂 https://www.grainge.org/. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp