• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A Crash Every 10 minues

Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on but I get the error box every 15 minutes telling me there is a program and I should restart. I have 32 gigs of ram, windows 10 2 terabytes of free space, and no viruses. What is going on here? It's hard to work like this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the error? Please use the insert Photo icon so the image is included in the post.

What are you doing at the time? For example, moving topics? Editing the toc? Generating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the capture, this time i went 27 minutes before this showed up

SNAG-0012.jpg

[image added by moderator - please use image icon in web interface instead of attachments]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to what I was doing when this happened. COuld be editing the text, previewing, just about anything i do is subject to this crash message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using.

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File > Help > About and confirm the version shown.
  • If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

What computer and operating system? 10 terabytes seems a lot for a desktop or laptop. 

Is this a new problem or has it just started?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 2020.3.32. I can see I am not the only one having this issue. I have 10 terabytes of space, which includes 2 external hard drives which are common for a bank that I work for using RoboHelp. Like the others I ignore but RoboHelp becomes .less functional until you restart. for example, it won't delete toc elements until you restart, very very annoying bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone with this.  I hit that every time i try to insert a file for a large directory in my project with their insert link/file modal (RH MAC).  It doesn't seem to affect anything so i just close the warning window keep working.  It is annoying though.   I have been getting it with all releases 2019 and 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this ALL THE TIME when using the cross-referencing tool, which is buggy as all hell. Normally I just ignore it and continue on with the work until I get fed up seeing the message or don't need to do any more crosslinking, at which point I restart.

(Robohelp 2020.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe Bodego I'll await your response.

@davidk99046111 The MAC version wasn't in 2019 so did you get the problem on the Windows version and now the MAC version? I have been told by Adobe that when that error message appears, it is important that you don't ignore it and do restart. Have you reported this as a bug or asked Support to take a look? See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

@Mark_Noc You say it is "as buggy as hell" but I haven't had issues with it and so far no one else has commented along those lines. As in my reply above, have you reported this or contacted Support.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter GraingeI initially started off using a windows vm for 2019 and then transitioned to the mac version when it became available.  The mac project was new - I don't trust conversions.  I encountered the issue in both enviroments.  I tried to report initially but without being able to trigger the error on demand, I didn't get very far.  Support wanted me to send them my project file but i couldn't due to sensitive materials I work with. 

I think its related to the size of the project you have.  the more topics, files, etc, seems to trigger it when you try to insert a cross-reference or insert a file. 

I restart the application whenever I can but i don't have time to restart it several times a day so i just close the window and keep working  It doesn't seem to impact the output or individual project files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter! I have reported it as a bug (some time back) through the official bug tracker, and it has been flagged as fixed for update 4, thankfully! It's a strange one, as I couldn't find anyone else complaining about it either, but it happens for me consistently whenever I try to use the cross-reference tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark_Noc OK. That will be out soon so could I ask you to post here whether or not it did fix the issue for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly! I'll post here again when the update comes up and I've tested it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe Bodego OK so not all that space is the installed drive. Nothing wrong with that but it made me think along the lines of there being something unusual about the machine. If you stop ignoring the message and restart when prompted, do things get better. If not then it's time to go to Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i have 2 external 4tb each and the main drive 2tb.  I can ignore for about 30 minutes and then certain functions become mute. I can never use RoboHelp without that message, it's going to eventually happen,. The bank has hired me to do a slew of manuals, I would have preferred to use InDesign or WordPress but they insist on RoboHelp which i had to learn. Its a decent program but there are too many things that are just foolish. Had i not been a web developer who can go in and edit the Html, certain things the bank wants would not be possible.  I like this program though, it's Dreamweaver in a lot of ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidk99046111 Does the project have a large index? If so that could well be the cause and the fix is in Update 4 due soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe Bodego Is the project on the internal drive or one of the external drives? If the latter whilst the theory is it should be OK, it might be worth trying it on the internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its on the internal drive. I've tried both and the problem still persists. There are 30 manuals, each with about 25 topics, there are photos and a few pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to generate without the PDFs in. Just a hunch. If no joy could you get permission to share one of the projects? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not allowed to send you the actual project but i can send you my practice project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK send it as instructed provided that one also gives you the same problem. Include some instructions on what actions trigger the crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Peter Grainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently used my terminal to monitor RH.  I noticed this output message when RH threw the "restart rh" error message when using the cross-reference tool

bad cursor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidk99046111 - have you applied Patch 4 now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not yet.  i am at the end of a release so i have to hold any updates until afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp