Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Pagination to Top of Search Results

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2020.7 Window

Frameless output with Orange skin/template.

Received a request to add pagination to the top of search results. Orange skin/template only provides pagination at the bottom of search results. Looking to have pagination for both top and bottom of search results so end users don't have to scroll all the way back up or down, regardless of their current position on the page.

Here are the pagination elements for the home page and topic page:

orange-srchrslts-homepage-paginator.png

orange-srchrslts-topicpage-paginator.png

Is this possible?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to duplicate content using CSS but it should be fairly simple for a developer to write a jquery/javascript to duplicate the paginator div and append it to the results header (or whichever element you deem appropriate). Then you'd add the js file to the skin in the User Assets section. Use the developer tools to inspect the output to figure out the correct elements to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll explore that. I'll probably also log an enhancement request to have this behavior configurable in stock/standard RoboHelp.

Thank you for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted an idea for the required code to your other thread. Re-posting in the correct one. 🙂

I'm fairly sure it'll only be a couple of lines for this one. I'm not a script guru by any means, but to do the homepage should be something like:

var elPaginator = $('footerelement.class').cloneNode(true);

$('resultsheaderelement.class').append(elPaginator)

And similar for the topic page results. You'd have to test a little to make sure the pagination worked correctly, but it should be fairly quick to try.

If I get some time I'll have a look later today to see if I can cobble something together. (Need to use a different (non-work) PC for RH2020 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp