• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add viewport to each htm file (Azure Blue template, resp html5)

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 2019 to generate online documentation, as responsive html5. Based on the Azure Blue template.

I need to add a viewport row to the header of each generated htm file.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">

This is the desired htm result:

viewport.JPG

I.e. I need to add row 6.

Which Azure Blue template file do I need to edit?

(I know this is the RoboHelp forum, but as I understand it the Azure Blue template is same.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there is a way to edit the template files, I doubt it. If no one offers a solution to that, I would use a find and replace tool to find some way to inject it in the output files.

If you were using RoboHelp directly it would be easy enough to inject it in the source topics once only.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Robohelp you're using New UI or Classic? If it's Classic you should be able to edit the.two slp files (topic and search results I think?). If it's New UI then you might be able to edit some seed files in the installation directory, but it's not something I'd recommend - the changes would likely be overwritten with any updates, and probably wouldn't transfer for any upgrades.

In RH 2019 New UI, there's a Post-Generation Script field where you can add a script file that can modify the output files as you'd like. But I don't know if that is available through Framemaker. You'd also need to know how to write such a script, which unfortunately I can't help with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do be careful editing the slp files, and I recommend ONLY opening them in a third party text editor, not through the Robohelp interface. There used to be a bug that corrupted those files when edited using the RH internal text editor, and I don't know if they ever fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr Using FrameMaker.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but I assume it ties in with a particular Robohelp version and I assume the skin setup would be similar to whichever version that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr - sort of - the FM ability to "publish" (not generate) HTML5 output directly out of FM (& not go through RH - which is the "older" option) utilizes a headless version of RH Classic "under the hood (or bonnet)" (lol) which doesn't expose as many controls over the process as RH does. Your point about messing about with seed files is totally accurate; updates would blow your changes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug-report yesterday.

Today I got an e-mail saying:

Issue - tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-12541 status updated from 'Open' to 'Ready for Sprint'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perl-script now, to add the viewport row to each htm file.

Another manual step to forget... Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, with the viewport added to each htm file, https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly now says the documentation is fine. I.e. I expect much better Google indexing (which means the users will eventually find our documention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp