Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Favorites Functionality to a Skin

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

In Robohelp 2020, the Favorites and Add to Favorites buttons are only available in the HTML5 "Indigo" skin. I wonder if it's possible to "borrow" this functionality from the Indigo skin and implant it in a different skin? I guess there is some Javascript code behind the Favorites buttons but I don't see how to extract it. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that is possible but it is also in the RedGreen Responsive Skin.

You would be better going to a Frameless skin where that is pretty much standard. If you use URLs for context sensitive help, the calls will be differerent.

The RoboHelp Tour on my site is the Orange skin and that has favourites.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Peter,

First of all, thank you for your prompt response! 

I've switched to the Red_Green skin, but as far as I can see, it does not include Favorites out of the box. 

I use Robohelp 2020.8.34.

I need to create the output in "classic" HTML5 format, not Frameless.

Pls, advise. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it in the skin editor and I think you will see favourites. I'm not at a RoboHelp machine to check. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I did of course. It's not there. There is "Filter" not "Favorites". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the forum for a while and you will see there is no "of course". 🙂 Also there is no way of knowing if someone has been using RoboHelp for years or a day. 

Look at Coffee and Indigo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No offense. You are right, there is no "of course". However, I did check the skin prior to responding and "of course" was just used for emphasis :-). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Hope the other skins help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, the skins that do include Favorites aren't suitable as they don't include the regular TOC pane like the other ones. I really don't understand why Adobe don't allow adding the Favorites functionality to other default HTML5 skins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because basically Responsive HTML5 is on life support. Issues will be fixed but development is focussed on frameless. There you can deselect the tiles functionality and go straight to the TOC and topics. That is what I have done with the RoboHelp Tour.

You can submit a feature request but please don't hold your breath. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your good advice and assistance! I'll submit the feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've submitted the feature request:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-11217

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp