Adding Index Keyword-Topic won't save

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to build index by adding keyword and then selecting topic but in most cases, just deletes. I have a few topics that save but trying to add over 400 and just doesn't save. The topics are based off template so the html behind them are basically the same. So can't figure out why a few will take but not the majority. I've also tried going into contents, selecting properties on topic and adding Keywords, enter and Apply but won't show up in Index and deletes when going back into topic properties. What am I doing wrong? Can I build this in a file instead?

using Version 2020.7.46.

Views

68

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that thread. I'm adding like shown there. Just doesn't save. As soon as I save, it refreshes and disappears (the topic and ususally the keyword).

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything odd about where your project is located? Any source control?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think location is odd and no source code as far as with RoboHelp. All the pages where built outside of RoboHelp. Previous versions of RoboHelp and MadCap filled code with unwanted/unneeded tags and such had to clean up and use as much straight HTML with use of css file. So we try to do updates outside of Robohelp so this doesn't happen again and just import the changes. Location of the pages are in the same directory. Maybe I need to create as a new project and try that. Problem is that will take more time then I have becasue of the size.

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project on your C drive or on a network drive? If it's a network drive, maybe there's network slowness preventing the update? 

 

Are you using source control like Visual Source Safe or GIT or Subversion? This would mark all files as read only until you check them out and could explain the changes reverting. Or could overwrite changes that haven't been checked in yet.

 

I don't fully understand how you're working, but if you're copying code from manual html files, then perhaps you're overwriting the keyword you applied in RH? They aren't stored in a separate file now, but in each topic.

 

I personally find the index entries very easy to miss in the New UI. They appear as little boxes below the area you type them. For ages I thought they weren't sticking until I noticed the little box below the field. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I figured out what the issue is. There are minor issue like a broken link or using <br> and not </br> tag that when on a page, can't seem to be added to index until fixed. Like I mentioned, the pages were built outside of RoboHelp so missed these. Good thing is Robohelp has that broken links report that will allow me to search and correct most issues.

Thanks for the help all.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp